Seeleys Bay Launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Seeleys Bay Launch

Post by Seabass81 »

Well tommorow morning I will be heading up to Seeleys Bay for a fish. There is a launch right in the town directly off 15 . Can anybody tell me if there is trailer and vehicle parking there as well as how much it costs?

And if anybody has advice on where to start that would be great. I think for the morning until the temps pic up I will try for smalliesi whitefish lake. According to google earth it looks rocky and hopefully a decent spot for a football or 2. After the temps warm up a bit I will look for some largies in the other lakes to the south west.

Can anybody guestimate at how long of a run it is into whitefish from seeleys bay . I will be cruising at 40 mph .

John
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

seeley's launch

Post by mitch »

launch is free as is the parking. Two locations to park in.
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Seely's Bay

Post by Joey Rat »

Hey John, as mentioned the launch is free and there is a small parking lot directly across from the launch with room for 6 or 7 cars/trailers. You will probably pass the other parking area on the way into the launch, it's only about a 100 yards up the road.

Go up to Jones Falls and ignore the sanctuary signs, there are some huge fish in there. Just kidding of course.

We fished some bays in Murphys narrows with some success and also up into Whitefish. As you come into the lake cut back to the left and fish the weed lines. Also across the lake the rocky shore line can sometimes hold fish.

It doesn't take long to run up to Whitefish but you can't do it at full pin, maybe 20 minutes but like I said some of those bays/coves hold fish and are worth a cast or two.
I'm just another beer drinker with a fishing problem!
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

Are these sanctuaries WELL MARKED . I hope so cuz I dont want to be breakin no laws .

Thanks for the advice people ! I have to admit I am quite happy, I actually had a FH member call me at work to warn me of a few hazards . That I really appreciate .

Well up at 4am and off we go . Hopefully I will have a decent report by tommorow evening.

John