Still have'nt caught a Muskie....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Still have'nt caught a Muskie....

Post by Steady Eddy »

BUT I'M GONNA !!

I'll start from the beginnig.

I met up with Miker @ 6:20am, first time I'd ever met him, great guy!
We were on the Rideau @7 fishing the Capital Muskies first annual C.P.R. tournament, my first ever tournament. About my 3rd cast of the day somthing big takes 2 swipes at my topwater, no dice. Then, within the next hour I caught 4 smallies. All in the 2-3lb range. I had Miker take photos, as I thought we were in for a helluva day. We were'nt. No more fish were caught. Those remaining 8hrs were LONG. I really did have a good time though. Thanks again Miker.

Get to Tail Gators @5ish, start drinking. Meet Bobber and Wally (?). Drink and smoke and laugh with them. Man it was fun. Oh yeah, MuskyMatt was at our table. Matt had a pile of raffle prizes in front of him. I had 5, which I am very happy about as some people got none. Then Matt won the last prize of the night, a trip out musky fishing with Dale Mcnair and his buddy Sal. A few minutes on google will tell ya, these guys know their stuff.

HE DONATED IT TO ME!!!!
I ran up to the stage, got ahold of the microphone and mumbled somthing about needing more cowbell. I might have had too much to drink.
Bobber, thanks for the lift.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MATT !

Also, thanks and congrats to Capital Muskies. Good job.
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

2 days muskie fishing the St.Lawrence with Sal and Dale will be a blast ED.....enjoy.
Both have awesome boats and they will treat you well...make sure to bring your camera and give us a report when you get back...

I hope you catch a big one!!

Have fun dude!!!

8)
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

I'm so glad to hear I am not the only one with a sore head today. :lol:
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

Was this event held yesterday? darn it. I'm working all weekend and was hopeing to get into it. Good luck on the larry man, im sure you'll be trolling up and down the 40acre shoal where that monster that dale caught still roams. It should be 80lbs by now :shock:, oh and congrats to muskymatt for giving up that prize
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

How did the tourny go by the way?, were there lots of muskie caught? and what was the biggest
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

I cannot remember exact numbers, I want to say only 6 were boated. The biggest was 42" I think. Caught by Trophymuskie's daughter.
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Still have'nt caught a Muskie....

Post by Out4trout »

That is class act of Matt.
Steady Eddy wrote: Then Matt won the last prize of the night, a trip out musky fishing with Dale Mcnair and his buddy Sal.

HE DONATED IT TO ME!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH MATT !
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Still have'nt caught a Muskie....

Post by wolfe »

Steady Eddy wrote: About my 3rd cast of the day somthing big takes 2 swipes at my topwater, no dice. Then, within the next hour I caught 4 smallies. I had Miker take photos, as I thought we were in for a helluva day. We were'nt. No more fish were caught. Those remaining 8hrs were LONG.
Oh I've lived that scenario a few times! :lol:

Cool of Matt to donate that sweet prize. I'd say your chances of boating a musky (or two...) just shot waaaay up, Steady Eddy.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Yep definitely a nice gesture on Matt's part. A lot of good people involved last night for a great events.

I was embarassed by my little 28 incher but it wasn't the smallest and there was only 6 caught with my daughter Veronique's been the biggest at 42.5 inches. There was 75 anglers fishng the Rideau and Ottawa rivers and most showed up for the party afterwards.

Dale J and all involved ran agreat event and the food was great at Tailgators, the prize table was excellent. We didn't clean up like many out there ( right Matt ) but my kids each got a big prize and the Drifter Tackle lure just for showing up was a bonus.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Hey TM

I like my prize the best :wink:

I'm expecting big things :D
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Congrats to Veronique!! Making her old man proud.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Mr.J. wrote:Hey TM

I like my prize the best :wink:

I'm expecting big things :D
I guess I get the boobie prize having to take you out fishing. LOL :lol:

I hope we hear that reel sing a tune that nothing but a 40+ pounder can do.

I have to make sure we pick a good day. Looks like November fullmoon might still be an option.
Richard Collin
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Out4trout wrote:Congrats to Veronique!! Making her old man proud.
Sure am will post pic in other tread.
Last edited by Trophymuskie on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Collin
miker
Participant
Participant

Post by miker »

was great fishing with you!
I had high hopes with the way the day started. never seen bass hit musky lures like that:

had a few follows after that, but the afternoon was pretty slow. great sammiches tho!

i wish i coulda stayed at tail gators, but had a dinner to get to. the prize/raffle table looked awesome. thanks for getting it all together dale/j et al.

have fun on the Larry Eddy!
Dale MacNair
Participant
Participant

Post by Dale MacNair »

Steady Eddy , PM has been sent . Don't forget to bring your BINGO dabber to the LARRY. :lol: :lol:

Sal and I look forward to our days on the Larry with you. We will be in touch soon . Hope you can fish blind folded... :)

thanks to all who came out and supported our outing , very tough fishing conditions .

see you on the waters

Dale