Lowrance X 67c Ice Machine

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lowrance X 67c Ice Machine

Post by Billy Bones »

Hey Guys

Does anyone have an opinion on the X 67c Ice Machine. Got to use one on the Bay of Quinte last winter and thought it great.
I can also get a transom mount transducer and put it on my boat next spring. Have been using a Lowrance X 125 on my boat
with the speed attachment and it works very well. Would like to get a colour unit because the display from what I saw last
winter is easy to read.

Billy Bones :D
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Flashers

Post by Seaweed »

I find that comparing Flasher units is a bit like comparing different brands of apples and oranges.

Most have their strengths and weaknesses. Only two that I am aware of have the capacity to transfer easily to use in the boat... via boat mounted transducers. That being the Lowrance and Marcum units.

I would caution you to wait though before buying until you have had an opportunity to view all the brands. The older Ice fishing flasher units names Vexilar, Marcum have some really nice units... the newer models Lowrance and Hummingbird... seem to really be great units too.

You might want to check out Iceshanty.com where they compare all the units and have a lot more input on the differences you get. I did this prior to buying mine and felt like I was totally informed on what was out there and knew what I was buying.
Follow this route:
IceShanty.com's Ice Fishing Community
Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations!
Equipment
Ice Fishing With Electronics

They have yet to add in the Lowrance units but I suspect that they will appear this year.... they probably tested them by now.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
chill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by chill »

I have one and love it. I bought the summer transducer kit and now have a great portable sonar for northern trips. I seldom use it in flasher mode any more as I find it easier to read in graph mode. I've never had a problem with interference with or units or with picking up my lure. It does take a little effort regarding settings as it isn't a simple turn of the knob like most flasher units. With a little experience this becomes second nature and you will find certain settings preferable to others. I've nether used a Vex or Marcum so I cannot speak for or against them but I found that this was a reasonably priced alternative that allows me to use it year round.

My 2 cents.

C.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

My bad

Post by Seaweed »

Opps I stand corrected... looks like Vexilar has a boat mounted transducer also.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

If you have a Minn Kota trolling motor with Universal Sonar, you can easily hook up an X67C or a Vex (if you can find the cable) without getting a separate transducer.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/_docs/USC ... yChart.pdf
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

i got both a vexilar 18 and a x67c......i like more my vex for ice fishing.

and like more the vex jigging in my yak to....BUT if i would troll and had a boat still mabe the x 67 would be my best bet if it ws the only i would have.

the x67 is a good unit...adn a few budies like it to.

joco
Valley Lad
Participant
Participant

Post by Valley Lad »

Billy,
I have had a X67 for the past three years ,it has been used for ice fishing in the winter and as a bow mount unit in the summer. As mentioned previously ensure that you purchase the correct cable for your Minnkota , I had to order mine from a dealer. I don't use the flasher mode very often in the winter, I find that by adjusting to ice mode and the sensitivity you can pick up your lure and a tiny split shot.Any questions send me a pm
Glen
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Billy Bones »

Thanks for your input guys. Here's a nice video that I found on You Tube. Looks like what I'm looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2cP70FJ ... re=related

Billy Bones :lol:
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

X 67 Ice

Post by Joey Rat »

I have an X67 on the bow of my boat now that I have a larger finder on the console, its a nice little finder. If you are going to mount it on your trolling motor I recommend the puck tranducer.

I initially used the transome transducer that came with it and snapped it off on a dock or the bottom. I do tend to drag it on bottom in shallow water and the puck holds up.

The only drawback is that it does sometimes tend to act up in very shallow water, i.e. read 362 fow instead of 2.3 but a quick on/off usually solves that problem.

I got my puck transducer from Cabela's, they were the only one to have it in stock.

I really should build a box for it and get an ice transducer for winter.
I'm just another beer drinker with a fishing problem!