Boxing Day sales?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Boxing Day sales?

Post by tbone1088 »

Hi guys,
I'm going to be ice fishing alot this year, and I want to buy a flasher or a depthfinder with flasher mode on it. I don't have alot of money to spend, probably around 300 bucks. I was wondering if anyone knows of any boxing day deals at lebaron/ sail for ice fishing stuff? If the flashers dont go on sale, then I'm going to buy one online from bass proshops, but will pay extra for shipping, plus it might not get here in time for my first trip. Anyone know of a good cheaper unit to buy around the city?
Armin
Participant
Participant

Post by Armin »

I Just picked up a Lowrance x67c Ice Machine from LeBaron. I also had the debate of whether to by a flasher or a dual purpose fish finder. In the end I decided on the fish finder, since it offers more versatility. Plus when reading some of the posts of people who have this unit, everyone seems to love it.

LeBaron has this unit at a special price of about $317. Surprisingly that was the cheapest price I could find anywhere on the net. Keep in mind though that since it is a special price the 10% club member discount does not apply nor does the current save the HST special.
Raydar
Participant
Participant

Post by Raydar »

I don't know if your handy with tools or if you already have a fish finder or not, but I just built a insulated box for my lawnmower battery ( which is staying in my utility box on my 4 wheeler )and mounted my fish finder screen on a piece of plywood inside a insulated lunch box to sit on the ice with me. I now have a depth finder and can tell what's underneath me. I have the transducer going through an eye bolt on the side of the lunch box into the water. I hope it works as good as it looks, :lol: . I have no money to spend on myself this year now that I have a kid and one in the oven, so I hope it work. It cost me a couple of beer to build while I was watching a hockey game. I got the idea out of a OOD magazine, just modified it a bit. Just giving you some options and ideas.

Good luck,
Raydar
8)
Keep your line in the water and there will always be a smile on your face.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

raydar thats a great idea!! I have a fishfinder, but its a piranha max smart cast, and the transducer is a little green cone that you cast out, so that idea wouldn;t work... but great idea nonetheless!
Raydar
Participant
Participant

Post by Raydar »

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it. So far it's holding it's charge and my father in-law saw it and wants me to build one for him :lol: . It was a fun little project to play around with while it was snowing out and the woodstove was warm. Be safe this winter.

Raydar
8)
Keep your line in the water and there will always be a smile on your face.
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Hi All,

If you are already talking about Lowrance x67c I have one question about that :

Can I use it like an Ice machine in the winter and fishfinder in the summer?

becouse I decided to buy one

Thanks

ASK
Just Dive................
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

ASK wrote:Hi All,

If you are already talking about Lowrance x67c I have one question about that :

Can I use it like an Ice machine in the winter and fishfinder in the summer?

becouse I decided to buy one

Thanks

ASK
Yes.....you can use the regular fishfinder mode through the ice and ofcourse in ice-mode. Switch back and forth no matter what time of year you are fishing. Features, versatility, applications and preferences are what this unit is all about. Enjoy your toy!
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Thanks slop for your help.

Now I am happy :lol: :lol:

I am going to buy one

ASK
Armin
Participant
Participant

Post by Armin »

If you are buying the Ice machine, just note that for summer use you will most likely need to buy a separate transducer. Otherwise you are pretty much stuck to using it just while you are jigging. You can't use the ice transducer if you are trolling.

Armin
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Thanks for your advice,

Is there any specific transducer shall I buy for summer use, or the seller know's which one should I buy?

ASK
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

ASK wrote: Is there any specific transducer shall I buy for summer use, or the seller know's which one should I buy?
ASK

Caveat emptor

That depends where you by it. Our Fish-Hawk retail partners will know exactly what you need..........box stores..........maybe they do maybe they don't.

If you are planning to get a depthfinder at a box store do your own reserch on the manufacturers website before you go shoping. Then you will know what you are looking for.

Good luck with your purchase,
Drop
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

You are right Drop.

Thanks for your advice.

ASK
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

Hey guys,
I have a piranhamax fishfinder that has the smartcast transducer and a regular transducer, would I be able to use the regular one on the X67 in the summer?
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

I have an x67c not the ice machine version mine came with a skimmer transducer and I Jerry rigged that for ice fishing and it worked well I bought it online for 146$ tax and shipping included the best deal I found but now they discontinue im glad I picked up that unit fir that amazing price

Chen K
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

ice 345

Post by JZ »

Hey

I have done quite a bit of research on these type of sonars as I was looking for one that I could use on the ice and during open water. Came down to the x67 and the humminbird ice 345. Feedback on the x67 was very positive, wasnt able to get too much on the ice 345 as it is brand new this year. I ended up going with the 345 because it had a similar price point and had features that the x67 did not i.e dual beam iceducer. Also Humminbird has a mail in rebate for a free skimmer transducer to use during the open water season.
I have only had a chance to play around with the 345 a bit but I have a feeling it will live up to the advertising. And like I said most people who have a 67 are happy with it so I dont think you can go wrong either way.