How is the Piking going?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

How is the Piking going?

Post by Joisey Joe »

How is the Pike hunt goin? What are you getting them on? Is it warming up? Getting ready for my trip Friday and looking for tips for those toothy critters!
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: How is the Piking going?

Post by Netman »

Haven't been out for them in a couple of weeks Joe but we were pounding them on the St. lawrence. The one day 3 of us landed 64. We lost track of the double headers lol and had one triple header. No real big ones but it was a hoot. All were caught twitching husky jerks in 10' or less. a couple of days later I went back on a solo mission and hauled in 20 in 2.5 hours. The season seemed a little late this year so i'm sure you'll do just fine. Enjoy your vacation.

Steve
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Hey Joe I was out this morning on lake near Ottawa. We picked up a few...A lot of follows too. Warmer weather is here now the water should warm up a bit this week with temps in the low 70's F . I think you will hit it pretty good next weekend :wink:
Cheers,
Dave
I would love to get into some of that action Steve mentioned. lol Wow.
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

I have been fishing the Ottawa and the pike bite has been ok but they have been small...hoping to land some bigger ones soon.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Thanks guys, tryin to get a feel of how it's goin up there, I head up Friday and can't wait!
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BigC »

Can't go wrong with a white spinnerbait, have caught a couple this size (of course only picutre I have my eyes are closed :roll: ) but I have also "moved" a couple big fish on Northams in perch pattern. 10am - 1pm seems to be prime time. Fished right in close to shore but more fish came casting to deeper water.

Good luck to you Joe
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Thanks, Big C, I have that in the box as well as a perch pattern, that's a nice one rite there! Picked up a couple of jigs too to pad my chances in case they are deep!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Hey Joe... How is the pike fishing going? :wink:

May give them a go this week.