bon echo maps

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

bon echo maps

Post by tbone1088 »

anyone have some fishing maps of this area? Im looking for Bon Echo Lake, mazinaw and joe perry lake.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: bon echo maps

Post by tbone1088 »

Also we are driving to the park from Ottawa and was hoping to hit a good shore spot for some lunchtime fun :) Anyone have some ideas that would be somewhat on the way?
Fisherman_and_fisherboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Fisherman_and_fisherboy »

You've read my mind. I was thinking about hitting Algonquin park at the end of August but Bon Echo has really caught my attention. I want to take my son to fishing for some pike and smallies and make an overnighter and exploration trip all in one.

I will definitely keep my eye on this topic for sure

Thx for starting this topic
Catch it, Record it, Release it, Repeat it
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Well you could have a hard time finding a map for Bon Echo lake. it doesn't exist. Bon Echo is a provincial park that is on Mazinaw Lake. You should be able to find area lake maps at the hardware store in either Cloyne or Northbrook. They are just down Hwy 41 from Mazinaw
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

you can get free maps for the major Land of Lakes lakes here

http://www.anglersatlas.com/

I checked, Mazinaw is on this site.
Basspad
Participant
Participant

Post by Basspad »

Cant help you out with a map, However if you are looking for a shore spot. I usually take the long way down that way myself and go down through calabogie, pass black donald and take centenial lake road. It pops out on the 41 at griffith. Its a great scenic route and cross's over centenial lake and the madawaka a few times. there are some good shore spots along this route that would be large enough to stop for a picnic and some fishing. I do alot of camping in the denbigh area and stop along this route once and a while to fish.
group5e
Participant
Participant

Post by group5e »

I noticed nobody mentioned the Fish Online tool by the Ministry of Natural Resources (just google it). Also, I've attached a map for you I whipped up from my bathymetric database. I've included a species list on the map as well for you.

Never fished the lake myself, but I would assume the big pike would be hanging out in the 30-40ft range in the middle of the day in summer chowing down on those cisco. Pike are probably pretty slow growing here, but wouldn't be surprised if they get fairly large. Try to target the thermocline if you have a fish finder. I've had mixed reviews about Mazinaw from fishermen and biologists alike. Let us know how it goes. Happy fishing!

Higher Quality (11x17, 34MB)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/578 ... erMaz2.jpg
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

moonshine wrote:Well you could have a hard time finding a map for Bon Echo lake. it doesn't exist. Bon Echo is a provincial park that is on Mazinaw Lake. You should be able to find area lake maps at the hardware store in either Cloyne or Northbrook. They are just down Hwy 41 from Mazinaw
I beg to differ, there IS a 'Bon Echo Lake', a small lake on the other side of Hwy. 41 in the
same part of the Park as Joeperry, Abes, Essen, etc., etc.. There are lots of small lakes on
that side of the road, I believe they are all, or mostly, "motor-free zones". :) :wink:

It's a beautiful park, but Mazinaw is a tough fish, especially when boat traffic is really
heavy. Try early morning/late evening if you want any success. :wink: Enjoy!! :D 8)
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
Mike586
Participant
Participant

Post by Mike586 »

Wow...that map is just amazing looking.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Cyber wrote:
moonshine wrote:Well you could have a hard time finding a map for Bon Echo lake. it doesn't exist. Bon Echo is a provincial park that is on Mazinaw Lake. You should be able to find area lake maps at the hardware store in either Cloyne or Northbrook. They are just down Hwy 41 from Mazinaw
I beg to differ, there IS a 'Bon Echo Lake', a small lake on the other side of Hwy. 41 in the
same part of the Park as Joeperry, Abes, Essen, etc., etc.. There are lots of small lakes on
that side of the road, I believe they are all, or mostly, "motor-free zones". :) :wink:
I stand corrected, I was too quick with my assumption. The lake could be a real jewel, too
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Roblin »

Joe Perry is a pike lake. There's a locked gate and you have to hike in about 800 m to reach water. The shore line is over-grown and you'll probably want to take a canoe in for fishing. The Mazinaw is a tough fish. There's a free launch on the North Mazinaw Heights road which is north of the park but parking is limited. The park has better ramps and parking. Locals say your better to try your luck a week or two after Labor Day when most of the tourists are gone. Evening bass fishing south of the gap is suppose to be good at times.