Ok really .. Dec 10 and I'm still fishing!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ok really .. Dec 10 and I'm still fishing!

Post by zeke13 »

I got the chance to tag along fishing with plowjock today .. yep .. Dec 10! Can you believe the weather we have been having.

We get to the launch and it looks like its going to be a great day. I bump him in, jump in the boat and we are off .. anticipation abounds.

Well, it was almost two hours before we caught our first fish, but that's OK as we covered a bit of water. For the most part we were throwing jerkbaits, 100mm in length. Brian decided to downsize to a 90mm jerkbait and that's when we got our first fish. I had jerkbaits hooked up on two rods, one deep diving and one that was between 4-6 feet. We got one here and there for a bit and then we thought, let's downsize again, so I went to a 78 mm jerkbait.

Well from 11:00am to 3:00pm we caught 65 fish in total, all but a few on the 78mm jerkbait in water that was between 9 and 15 feet.

Now those of you that have read my previous posts know that I'm really just a bass guy who occasionally/begrudgingly catches pike and other species, but on this December 10th, it didn't really matter. We caught two or three pike, one that was a significant size for that body of water and the rest were split pretty evenly between bass and crappie .. including a number of 13.5" crappie, a 14.5" crappie, numerous largies between 2.5 and 3.5lbs and a kicker of 4.8 lbs.

It was a great day on the water .. plowjock... you da' man!

Now plowjock took pictures of my first crappy, my 13.5" crappie and my 14.5" crappie and my 4.8 lb largie. I on the other hand seemed to have "thought" the camera was taking pictures when I "took" some of him, but ... oops .. sorry buddy!

plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Ok really .. Dec 10 and I'm still fishing!

Post by plowjock »

December 10,2015 have enjoyed an extremely long soft water season and cooperating finned friends of mine.
You hard water lovers, wait until end of bass season to even start thinking about drilling holes.
Zeke, you did alright out there today, surprised you found so many good crappies.
Nobody got invited home for a greasy bath, all still swimming in that soft pristine water (warm)
for this time of the year.
RU ready for another day out Zeke.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Good day out fellas. I got out too at Cornwall with Simon. We (3 of us) put somewhere around 40 walleye in the boat between noon and 4, with 8 being over the slot. I took pictures at the launch but was too busy having fun to take any more. Sorry. I must admit as well that I had the cold stick today. I got schooled by Simon and Yves, although I did have a double header of perch on a drop shot/tube jig combo. :D

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
daveh_cdn
Participant
Participant

Post by daveh_cdn »

Yup... Going fishing with plowjock will end up like that for sure
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Good stuff dude!!! Those are some nice slabs!
Cy
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Beautiful crappie!
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Nice job

I was at work making sure your pension fun was still liquid
ipjrobson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ipjrobson »

Very nice work. I saw the weather the other day and was very tempted to go fishing but I had some other work that I had to get done. Such is life right :P