Was any one on Mississippi lake yesterday?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Was any one on Mississippi lake yesterday?

Post by seahawk »

I went there yesterday and was on the water almost whole day but only few bites, it was a tough day to me. Was someone here also fishing on that lake and feel the same? My friends who went to white lake and Clayton lake also told me the same story so what reason caused the slow fishing for different lakes for LM bass?

Thanks,

SeaHawk
BassBomb
Participant
Participant

Re: Was any one on Mississippi lake yesterday?

Post by BassBomb »

I'm on that body of water nearly twice a week, it's conveniently close to my house. Because it is such a shallow body of water, I find once the weather heats up, the bite just drops off. I know there are plenty of bass to be had, but I'm also not patient enough to sit in the the long grass for hours looking for one bite. Until I get better with 'finesse' and plastics, I think this will always be a tough lake to catch anything when the temperatures reach 30*
tacklebox
Participant
Participant

Post by tacklebox »

My son and I spent sunday morning till 1:30 we did well no records but many bas and pike and a very agressive perch ,very windy so we let the boat drft and cast away for us it was a father and son day ,and fishing ant beat that..
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seahawk »

Tacklebox, Good to hear your success on that day. What lures were you using and how deep you caught bass(LM or SM bass)? Did you fish on north or south side of the the lake? Thanks.
tacklebox
Participant
Participant

Post by tacklebox »

Hi seahawk we went in at consecion 9a west of Innsville great launch protected from the wind on Sunday ,the wind was blowing i would say north west i believe so we started in shallow on the upper part of the lake and the wind pushed us southward anyway we had a great day I dont get to fish with my son much so when we can we try to make the most of it. we had no bites on black spinner baites but swiched to good minnow head ones that had weight and stayed down long dead weed skirts and green orange were the colors of the day . goodluck next time out there . tacklebox