Looking for Info on Simcoe

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
trouthunter
Participant
Participant

Looking for Info on Simcoe

Post by trouthunter »

hey guys,

im planning a trip to simcoe and would like to here some recommendation on guides in the area and places to stay.
i've never been so dont really know where to start, there's so many.
preettiwana
Participant
Participant

Re: Looking for Info on Simcoe

Post by preettiwana »

Hi I went Floyd hales in Beaverton for perch. Fishing in 35 fow. Fish was in good size. Also if u like lake trout, whitefish the go to bear point hut rentals in kempnfelt Bay. This was my first trip. Money worth spend. Book in advance too busy now.
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

Post by pickereye chaser »

Are you renting a hut? I had a wide variety of experiences with the operators before I got a portable. A lot of them don't seem to move their huts around with schools. As mentioned the hales in Beaverton seem to have a good reputation , although never personally used. Can't speak to Lakers and whites too much as I usually targeted perch.
For perching, I tended to avoid cooks Bay, lot of dink perch and too many people being igonorant. I always liked fishing Port bolster, Virginia Beach and snake Island. Less crowds and decent parking options if walking out. Fishing there it was a bit more hit or miss but the size was always better. I've bought bait several times from Casey's in Port bolster and the staff are very friendly. Feel free to message. Hope this helps
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I would advise you to go over to OOD and do a search there. Lots of folks there who fish Simcoe and plenty of posts asking for info same as you. https://www.oodmag.com/community/forum.php

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
613wetline
Participant
Participant

Post by 613wetline »

Sebastian from seabass outdoors on youtube used to guide, he has some good vids for pointers and im sure if you mssg him he could help point you in the right direction for a guide. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FDdI ... -I-uWEDW2Q
darkelf
Participant
Participant

Post by darkelf »

just came back from Mitchel's fish huts (jan 19-20), spent the weekend in one of their bungalows with 2 buddies....pounded the jumbo perch!!!!!
if i had time and new how to post pics.... I WOULD!!!!

Mitchel's
705-426-9482