Green Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Shaun_300
Participant
Participant

Green Lake

Post by Shaun_300 »

Anyone ever fish Lakers in Green Lake near Calabogie? Just got back earlier. Went up this morning with my brother. We trolled our brains out for 5 hours and didn't even get a hit. Marked quite a few in 70-140 FOW. They seemed to be suspensed 50 feet or deeper. Was rather surprised considering the water temp was only 55 degrees. We tried everything except minnows. We were kicking ourselves for not getting some. I even tried the lead core with a William's spoon and various depths. Anyone ever have any luck in there? We went to Wabun first but the boat launched looked too sketchy to put my 19 foot Sea Nymph in. Didn't want to get stuck way back there. Would have been an expensive tow bill lol. Oh well still a beauty day on the water despite only catching a clump of weeds and a sunburn.
BillyBones
Participant
Participant

Re: Green Lake

Post by BillyBones »

I have fished Green for Lakers, all small fish. Best method is 5 feet above the fish, verticle jigging. Kastmasters and Swedish pimples, small ones.

Billy Bones
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Green Lake

Post by smitty55 »

My favorite lake for Lakers by far is Charleston. Beautiful lake and always a chance at good fish.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter