Which lake?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tinboat
Participant
Participant

Which lake?

Post by tinboat »

Hey guys. My in-laws are visiting from the states, and we plan to go out tomorrow morning. I've mainly only fished the rideau river with them but we'd like to try somewhere else. Any favorite recommendations for a good body of water to try within about an hour drive? Thinking somewhere on the Ottawa, rideau lakes, white lake, Charleston lake, Mississippi etc. However, I've never fished any of these locations. No specific species in mind, we enjoy it all. Any suggestions are appreciated! Not asking for your honey spots!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Which lake?

Post by toobinator »

Mississippi lake is one of my favorites. It's easy to fish and small enough that weather doesn't stir it up like some of the bigger bodies. Lots of species of fish there too.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
tinboat
Participant
Participant

Post by tinboat »

toobinator wrote:Mississippi lake is one of my favorites. It's easy to fish and small enough that weather doesn't stir it up like some of the bigger bodies. Lots of species of fish there too.

Ed

Awesome, maybe I'll give that a try. Any suggestions on a good launch? (preferably free, if there is any)
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I usually launch at the municipal launch at Carleton Place. There is a charge, $7.00 I think. I believe there is a free launch somewhere but not sure where.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
tinboat
Participant
Participant

Post by tinboat »

Thanks for the suggestion! I launched at a free launch near the bird sanctuary area at the other end of the lake. Caught a great mix of species, I'll definitely be heading back there again soon.