Still kickin'..

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still kickin'..

Post by RJ »

Hey folks. Haven't spent much time on here as of late but that'll change. Winter has become a necessary downtime for me after burning the candle at both ends from May til November. I spent November and December in my tree stand and loved every minute of it. A nice big Doe and a wiley coyote fell to my crossbow. Have really fallen in love with hunting.

Haven't spent near the time I usually would on the ice but have enjoyed the time I have been out (well kinda :lol: )

Walleyes mostly with a side of Giant Perch.

Hope to get a few more days in before Spring that we are all so wanting to be here soon!

RJ
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Still kickin'..

Post by smitty55 »

Right on Rob. So great that you found the hunting bug. I remember encouraging you to try it rather than just being an observer. I can tell you're hooked now. As I'm sure you've found by now it's a different kind of serenity that is great for body and soul, not to mention the table. I know Kim enjoyed her bear hunts out east, Markus sure had things well set up. Big congrats on the yote, every less one helps. Have you and Kim considered trying bear hunting locally? I get it depends too on how you can work it in to the fishing sced.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by CCLad »

Good to hear from you again Rob. Hunting is absolutely great. Love the out doors. Its another season all together and like you said, breaks up other ones.. Variety is the spice of life!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

smitty55 wrote:Right on Rob. So great that you found the hunting bug. I remember encouraging you to try it rather than just being an observer. I can tell you're hooked now. As I'm sure you've found by now it's a different kind of serenity that is great for body and soul, not to mention the table. I know Kim enjoyed her bear hunts out east, Markus sure had things well set up. Big congrats on the yote, every less one helps. Have you and Kim considered trying bear hunting locally? I get it depends too on how you can work it in to the fishing sced.

Cheers
Hey Smitty. Yup you were right. I sat in that stand a bunch last Fall and already have plans for new setups this coming year. We are headed back to NS this Fall again to hunt with Markus. We had a blast, it's a great social weekend and some great meat for the freezer. We were both successful in filling our tags last year. We certainly could do it around here but timing wise once fishing is a go that's all I do.

Big Doe and that Yote. The Yote startled me as it came in fast at last light. I'm looking for a Deer moving about 2 feet a minute and he ran in.. :lol:
I had the fur tanned by a tannery near Tremblant. It's awesome.

CCLad wrote:Good to hear from you again Rob. Hunting is absolutely great. Love the out doors. Its another season all together and like you said, breaks up other ones.. Variety is the spice of life!
Sure is Timmy!

RJ
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Right on, congrats to you both. I really like bear meat, makes great sausages mixed with venison too.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter