Canadian Tire Ice fishing - half price

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by highlander »

Talk about just having nuts, bolts and windshield wipers ;)
Homer Is King
Participant
Participant

Post by Homer Is King »

I hit three stores here south of Toronto. Picked up a couple of rods, some tip ups, a few scoops (I'm fishing with young kids so they always seem to end up on the bottom of the lake!), and a hand full of tackle. Couldn't find any good augers, all they had was 6" manual. I'm all set for next year! Man I love Canadian Tire!
Prairieboy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Prairieboy »

They still have a ton of stuff you just have to call around. Try the smaller town stores.

Found everything I expected to find at CTC and a whole lot more (i.e.: 12" auger extention, auger blades, etc.). It isn't a fishing store it is an everything store with a bunch of good end-of-the-season deals.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

some ice rods in hull,,but no augers.

but plenty off gps..50%off.

yep call caselman,,or aylmer..or shawvile..or maniwaki..o or..?

joco
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

LeGrand wrote: Well don't go to far up North (i.e., Aylmer, QC) cause as to waht they have in that CT store is simple. You open the front door of the store and once you walked-in, you find yourself out of the store in the parking lot.

Get my drift. Talk about NEVER having NOTHING.
(CTC Aylmer)I was checking out there selection of summer gear just on Sunday and could not believe the selection of goodies they had on the shelves compared to previous years....Everything from Fin-Tech jigs I have never seen to Buckshot rattle spoon kits and a great selection of bass plastics from Yamamoto to Gulp and a bunch of other great stuff! I can't even fit anymore ice gear in my sled so il leave it at that :oops:
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

Stopped in Kanata last night - picked up a few lures and some line.
Nothing here really worth while in Arnprior that I saw.

Anyone know if there is anything good in Renfrew?
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Renfrew CTC isn't worth going to, their fishing isle is not very good at the best of times.
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

MLR wrote:Renfrew CTC isn't worth going to, their fishing isle is not very good at the best of times.
Much appreciated MLR....Thanks for the advice/warning.
You just saved me a trip. :)
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Tip-up wrote:
LeGrand wrote: Well don't go to far up North (i.e., Aylmer, QC) cause as to waht they have in that CT store is simple. You open the front door of the store and once you walked-in, you find yourself out of the store in the parking lot.

Get my drift. Talk about NEVER having NOTHING.
(CTC Aylmer)I was checking out there selection of summer gear just on Sunday and could not believe the selection of goodies they had on the shelves compared to previous years....Everything from Fin-Tech jigs I have never seen to Buckshot rattle spoon kits and a great selection of bass plastics from Yamamoto to Gulp and a bunch of other great stuff! I can't even fit anymore ice gear in my sled so il leave it at that :oops:
Well that's good news. Maybe as a resident of Aylmer, QC I should go back to that store (I had officially gave up on that store) and have a look. Like you said "...compared to previous years...".
777BassMan
Participant
Participant

Post by 777BassMan »

Just scored a brand new in the box Jiffy 2HP Lightning Legend XT with Quick Connect and 8" Auger - $199.99 Very Happyjavascript:emoticon(':D') @ Kanata CT at 8:30pm, there were three more sitting on the shelf. I guess they just came in from Brampton today, it wasn't there last night.