Paddletales Wing Ding Spring Sale Thing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Paddletales Wing Ding Spring Sale Thing

Post by TheMaverick »

BradGuenette wrote:
toobinator wrote: Keitch Swimbaits

Keitechs!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
X2
Hellz yeah!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

If this keeps up I'll need a skidoo to get to Ed's \ :lol:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I'll have Sandie shovel for you. lol

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Heisenbass
Participant
Participant

Post by Heisenbass »

Looking forward to this! I will try my very best to make it out Saturday. I always seem to miss these events :cry:
Martin
BAA 2016 - Team 22
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Thanks for the hospitality. The chicken was great.
I am going to enjoy the new Daiwa reel, sunglasses and can't wait to try out this new chatterbait. I know some people have limited success with them, but they have been my go to bait for a while.

Trilynx
Participant
Participant

Post by Trilynx »

banjo wrote:Thanks for the hospitality. The chicken was great.
I am going to enjoy the new Daiwa reel, sunglasses and can't wait to try out this new chatterbait. I know some people have limited success with them, but they have been my go to bait for a while.

I've had some fair luck with chatterbaits when targeting pike
Harpee61
Participant
Participant

Post by Harpee61 »

Same here: my PB Pike was on a chaterbait and they almost always bring some action. Hope there some left...
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Another Wing Ding Spring Sale Thing is in the books, and it was a record setter. We were busy all weekend, but anyone that came out Saturday knows what BUSY is. I am confident that everyone had a great time. I know Sandie and I did, although we're ready for a nap now. There's a huge pile of chicken feathers somewhere, because nearly 500 pieces of chicken was consumed, along with a couple of dozen wings. (Old record 420 pieces). We had lots of new customers out and were glad to see them. I think they will be part of the Paddletales family in the future as well.

As always, these weekends wouldn't be possible without the help of a lot of companies and people. Thanks go out to my own prostaff, Kevin Moberg, Pete MaCcormack, Fred Young, and Trevor Sinnett. Fred and Trevor spent the weekend at the Ottawa Boat Show, but directed a lot of people our way. Also thanks go out to Tom Brennan (Shimano Loomis),Wally Robins (Loomis), Greg Macintyre ( Diawa), David Chong (Diawa, Lucky Craft, Fin Tech, plus others) Corey Gaffney (Humminbird/Minn Kota), Mike Benkie and Carl Donnely (Pure Fishing) Lenny Devos (Set the Hook), and Simon Lavictoire and Carl Gagnon (Dobyns Rods and Set the Hook). If I missed anybody, I truly apologize and I will blame my drooping eyelids. Without this groups help these weekends would never come off.

These weekends wouldn't happen without your support either. Yes, it's a sale, but it's more of a gathering of friends, and we truly appreciate it

I always intend to take pictures, but it never happens, so if any of you have photos you would like to add please feel free.

Ed & Sandie
Last edited by toobinator on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

500 pcs of chicken..damn! i swear i have to come down to one of these events, sounds amazing. great stuff !
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Ed & Sandy,

Thomas and I had a fantastic time yesterday, and while he did not say much, Thomas sure was chatting all the way home!

Very glad to see a true Mom & Pop store going the extra mile to ensure their success.

Glad I was able to make it down.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Glad you made it out.

Ed
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Always a good time Ed,

I know I look forward to this event every year and that new Zillion is pretty sweet. That must mean something coming from a Shimano guy!!!

As always, thanks for being a great Host!
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Glad to hear it went off with a bang. From the looks of the photos I've seen, the turnout was huge.

As I was standing in three inches of water, only catching fingerling perch... I was thinking about the finger-licking turkey I could be eating at Paddletails!

Mr. Wallet has dictated that, since my next trip out there will be sizable, that I must wait till till I've saved up more money in fish-bank. New spinning reel, and drop shot rod is needed.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

Oneeleven wrote:Glad to hear it went off with a bang. From the looks of the photos I've seen, the turnout was huge.

As I was standing in three inches of water, only catching fingerling perch... I was thinking about the finger-licking turkey I could be eating at Paddletails!

Mr. Wallet has dictated that, since my next trip out there will be sizable, that I must wait till till I've saved up more money in fish-bank. New spinning reel, and drop shot rod is needed.
Should have gone yesterday or Saturday... Shimano crucial dropshot rod on sale for $105 net (after $40 mail-in rebate). Absolute steal of a deal!
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: