Trout Fishing Hotspots

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

RJ wrote:Though I do believe this may have been an experiment..........and we took it Hook, Line and Sinker. :shock: :lol:
RJ
someone must have beat me to it then because i was going to do that myself this week :D I get quite a kick out of what happens on this fishing site when someone asks for help finding fish (specifically trout) :shock: the nerve of some people

i don't fish trout nor do I have the inclination to fish trout....but there are numerous lakes within 90 minutes of ottawa anyone can be pointed to if they are asking for pointers in getting started without stressing those spots and without giving away your honey holes. kudos to RJ for pointing those lakes out.
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

" Trout fisherman are a different breed, you'll find that out when you become one."
:lol: D.S, you can fish with me anytime! :lol:
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Bass Addict wrote:
TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
Bass Addict wrote:Here's the biggest worry about bringing someone new to Lake xxxx....

Its the guy he's going to tell/bring after .....then the guys/gal's their going bring.........you get my drift :wink:
Duh....no kiddin'?
What are you saying Steve ???....you can't be trusted !!!!
I think you know me better than that BA when it comes to trout and Muskie.....what a stupid comment :roll: :oops: :evil:

Hey wait a second....after I took you out and put you onto your 1st and only Muskie, did you not come back out here with your nephew a few times afterwards in your own boat trying the same locations I hooked you up to???? :? :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
Bass Addict wrote:
TroutnMuskieHunter wrote: Duh....no kiddin'?
What are you saying Steve ???....you can't be trusted !!!!
I think you know me better than that BA when it comes to trout and Muskie.....what a stupid comment :roll: :oops: :evil:

Hey wait a second....after I took you out and put you onto your 1st and only Muskie, did you not come back out here with your nephew a few times afterwards in your own boat trying the same locations I hooked you up to???? :? :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Oh my God....

Now Constance Bay is a Secret Spot.... :oops:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

OMG someone just get ahold of this guy and take him for a damn trip and stop tossin mag locks in with your posts that your pond is special and so are you..

I hope you get ahold of someone that takes you out.. Thats what I did in the states to people I knew looking for a good spot.. kinda let me know throughout the day if this guy would keep it a secret and if I could show more too.

Anyways..

Nice posts RJ..
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Fellas - fellas ..............

If its a stocked lake who cares if you take a person to your hot spot ...... it's STOCKED !
|Dore|
troutbum
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by troutbum »

Well I agree with something RJ alluded to, With a handle like hook line and sinker, I think most took it. Well played hook line and sinker well played indeed.
I can only hope that the trout in these stocked, "secret lakes" :roll: take the bait as eagerly as the posters on this board did :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I wonder what non-fishing people would think reading these posts about the coveted, secret stocked lakes.....

I don't fish them and doubt I ever will again.

I'll head to NY state, fish natural strains from the streams. I stopped of at quite a few on the way to Atlanta and NOT MANY PEOPLE....

Certainly easier on vehicles then some of these "secret" lakes.

AND DON'T PM me asking for where they are either please.

Point is, I am NOT a trout guy...(ok I like laker fishing)...but I easily found a ton of rivers etc just on a motorcycle ride and from word of mouth.

Doubtful anybody on here will get up in arms for fishing in NY.
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

You know what's funny is that I love this site. It's useful, fun and all but threads become forum wars and it's BS. The guy asked questions he's new here. A quick no sorry look in the stock list or even better if you don't want to give out your hotspot don't even awnser the question.

C’mon men we're all here for the same reason - fishing - tips - techniques ect....!
|Dore|
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Dore819 wrote:You know what's funny is that I love this site. It's useful, fun and all but threads become forum wars and it's BS. The guy asked questions he's new here. A quick no sorry look in the stock list or even better if you don't want to give out your hotspot don't even awnser the question.

C’mon men we're all here for the same reason - fishing - tips - techniques ect....!
"Young is this one in the ways of the fish-hawk...."

:lol:
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

I do find it goofy calling put and take trout ponds sacred. Just because its nestled in the green hills of Calabogie dosen't mean its something special. Its just in pretty setting. If the hoardes rape it this year no worry the stocking truck will fix it.

Those regal trouts BTW are the progeny of generations of finless breeders that were engineered by man to be docile (wild trout are nervous in hatcheries) surviving on fish pellets while living out there days in concrete raceways. By comparison RJ's crappies survived water beetles, other crappies, bass, kingfishers etc. surviving on instincts and tenacity.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

ganman wrote: By comparison RJ's crappies survived water beetles, other crappies, bass, kingfishers etc. surviving on instincts and tenacity.

Ya!....All the hail the Crappie!... :D
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

now if we're talking lineage....there's those prehistoric ugly gar you get excited about :P
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

ganman wrote:I do find it goofy calling put and take trout ponds sacred. Just because its nestled in the green hills of Calabogie dosen't mean its something special. Its just in pretty setting. If the hoardes rape it this year no worry the stocking truck will fix it.

Those regal trouts BTW are the progeny of generations of finless breeders that were engineered by man to be docile (wild trout are nervous in hatcheries) surviving on fish pellets while living out there days in concrete raceways. By comparison RJ's crappies survived water beetles, other crappies, bass, kingfishers etc. surviving on instincts and tenacity.
To further that though. Its not like EVERYBODY who fishes it catches them.
Lets be realistic here. Those lakes probably take in more fish a year than is taken out.

Even if a "lurker" were to go to one of these lakes they still wouldn't know what to use, where to fish etc.

Its like walleye. All my spots on the Miss have proved FRUITLESS for me this year (so far). I am sure there are a TON of lurkers who venture out for them on the Miss (assuming they even have a boat) and still will get SKUNKED.

Naming a lake, an exact spot and a technique is not a good idea.

Hell I've been to those hills and I can't even recall the names of the lakes, let alone how to get there....and I NEVER caught anything to write home to Mom about.

I appreciate where the trout guys come from and so don't add to it by giving out a lake name. If someone is that HELL BENT on fishing it they will find the info they want on the web. No local tackle store is going to refuse giving out tips either....business depends on it.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

ganman wrote:I do find it goofy calling put and take trout ponds sacred. Just because its nestled in the green hills of Calabogie dosen't mean its something special. Its just in pretty setting. If the hoardes rape it this year no worry the stocking truck will fix it.
Sad, but true... What kind of fishing will my grandchildren be faced with... Sneaking into PET-SMART with a rocket-fishing rod?