Georgian bay opener.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Georgian bay opener.

Post by Johnny Bass »

Well Me and my dad made plans to go fishing Sunday. then we went to a Family get together did a bit of drinking and tried to talk his way out of Fishing. Since he has the truck and I had the boat I needed him to come.

So I said if it is good weather tomorrow morning were going. He goes alright. Well I wake up at 7 He wakes up at 8 something and it is blue skies and a nice sunny day. So I convince him to go. I'm all excited, So I get everything ready and we are in the truck and ready to go by 9.am.

He says let me go to the bathroom for a second. OK I say. 5 minutes passes by, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 1/2 hour, 35 minutes he FINALLY comes out of the house. I am pumped and ready to go. Then he starts complaining its going to rain so we had to make another pit stop at BPS to buy a boat cover. Another 15-20 minutes killed.

So were driving up north and the sun is shining and I'm all anxious to get there. I ask my dad. Dad, did you bring the boat keys? EEEEEEE hey says :shock: I was going call my mom to bring us the keys but forgot my cell phone at home on top. So we head back home. We head back home I get my cell phone and the keys and we're off. AT this point we wasted so much gas we had to stop and fill up again. Another 20 minutes killed.

We get to the first launch I know. I ask the guy how much he says $15 bucks. I say $15!!!! Forget it. I go to my regular place down the street and there CLOSED! So I head back and pay the $15 bucks. Buy this time it is 1:30!!!(remember we left at 9am)

So we get in the water and the wind is really blowing. At about 25kmh. So we couldn't open up the boat. I opened it up a bit and I was flying at 22MPH but payed the price. I got an instant shower. So we try to fish some shore lines but the wind was too strong. We tried drifting but we were drifting so fast the lure would not run properly.

So I am flying around and the next thing I know the engine starts slowing down and then shuts off. I go NO the engine is done. Then I remember I forgot to fill up the gas tank!! Lucky I have a gas can on board with $10 of gas.

Now try filling up your gas tank with 25Km winds blowing was a B**CH. My boat got sprinkled with gasoline and oil! Lucky neither of us smoke. :shock:

So we finally get the boat going. Tried a few more spots but the waves were getting bigger and the fish were just not active. (They did catch a few pickeral on live bait in the morning I was told).So I decided(which is rare)that i have had enough.

We go to load the boat on a steep ramp and I hook up the boat and everything. So I signal my dad to go. He lets go of the brake and the truck rolls back and hits the side of the dock! And he was STUCK! I thought the tire fell of or something. I was already thinking tow truck. Lucky the owner was there and he said to put it in low gear and then He pulled the boat out. It was on a 45 on the trailer so we had to put it back in the water and adjust it. Lucky the Truck was ok save a few scratches.

Finally we were off. had a few more minor incidents not worth mentioning.

I've had a rough week. the good news is that things can only get better. I hope. :shock:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Ummm...Johnny....Save your money on the lottery tickets this week...ya haven't a chance.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least ya got out alive!

RJ
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Bummer day for sure :!:

Unfortunately, I've been there too :!: :x
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

You said it WIG. We've all been down that road before at least once.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Johnny Bass »

I always have mishaps at the beginning of the season. But once I get in gear It all goes smoothly. I am already getting the hang of hooking up the boat. But how the heck do people do it on thier own??????
teppy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by teppy »

practise lots of practise!