Lake Madawaska

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Lake Madawaska

Post by JimmyBuffett »

I marked a school of huge fish hugging bottom at 80ft just west of the bridge(white lake rd.), anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on what these fish may be??? Very curious any thoughts would be appreciated!

Cheers,

MH
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Possibly sturgeon :?: maybe cats :?:

If not it could have been the Ottawaska Monster :wink: :shock: :D
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

I would say Walleye and Cats , On Saturday we caught 13 walleye in that area and none of which were shallower than 50 feet
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Ottawaska monsters plural :wink: :lol: ! Actually xenos some lads were catchin them in 15ft of water as well, I think I was right beside u guys on the other side of clay bank, u guys beat me to the chase, I jigged for a bit and toured, I was in princraft pro 162, I saw u guys pull a couple up and was jealous :wink: :lol: , good show out there! Sturgeon in the mad eh, I guess puttin the ball down with a husky jerk was a lil far fetched. haha.

Cheers

MH
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

I got ya, You pulled inside and worked over to that weed bed just around the point. We were just outside working the old river bed.
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Though I dont target eyes' on the Mad to often in recent years(to busy chasing muskies now) I have found that if you pan fry eyes' fish deep, but there a plenty of larger walleyes using the weeds and old creek arms. We have caught a few over 5lbs in the past few years none of which were any deeper than 20'.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

You're onto something there relic, I have been fishing the river deep for years and the Walleye down there are plenty full however small.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Lake Madawaska

Post by wolfe »

MonsterHunter wrote:I marked a school of huge fish hugging bottom at 80ft just west of the bridge(white lake rd.), anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on what these fish may be??? Very curious any thoughts would be appreciated!

Cheers,

MH
Just a guess for me as I don't even know if they're in there, but maybe whitefish??

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Wolfe don't know what they could be very curious to know though. Xenos nice boat bud, congrats on the catches.

Cheers,

MH
Northern King
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Northern King »

MH
How was the fishing this weekend??? Get any keepers??
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

Monster Hunter Thanks. Wolf I caught one of those silver fish ( mooneye) is this a white fish?
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Xenos, mooneye are not a whitefish and I dont believe there is any Whitefish in the system :?:

Mooneye however are a favorite snack for muskies, and I am sure walleyes will eat them to when there sick of eating the bizzilions of perch that inhabit that stretch of the river.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Bigfish, no keepers this weekend, I was testing out equipment more than anything, and the kicker was running like a bag of sh@#( bad fuel mix), did scoot talk to ya about friday?? Answer the phone :twisted: :wink:

Cheers,

MH
Northern King
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Northern King »

MH
That sucks you had kicker problems. Yes I am going to give Scotty a call tonight to see what's up. I wasn't in the house too much last night.. cutting the lawn and all that crap.