My thoughts on all these OOS pics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

My thoughts on all these OOS pics

Post by Guest »

I think they are just wrong. You have to let the fish spawn. PLease stop posting pictures of these fish. I have just started posting here but have been reading posts here for a long time with my brother and there are some double standards here. I am not here to start trouble just think we need some consistancy. I was looking through the fishing pictures and noticed some disturbing ones of OOS fish. One in particular was a musky through the ice, there was several pictures of this fish. As a website you should take these down. I understand he must of been proud with his catch but by keeping them up you do nothing but promote this kind of activity. Some guys here even have OOS fish as avtars!

Just my two cents, please be nice :oops:

Cassie
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

Couldent have said it better my self Casse
All Species Letem GO Letem Grow
Muskie Stalker
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Cassie22,

Well said...

As I've mentioned before, it's a slippery slope.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Please let this end without incident!! that picture has been discussed at nausea. Cassie you were not here so you may not know that..but it has been done lets all just get out and have fun now!!
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

Sorry Bacon i dont agree with you . Its not over till its made right by fish hawk this time .
Muskie Stalker
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

MuskieStalker1 wrote:Sorry Bacon i dont agree with you . Its not over till its made right by fish hawk this time .
Muskie Stalker
Because you think it is so...does not make it so. Are you dictating what is right and what is wrong? Why is, what you think is right better than what someone else thinks is right? Lets go by law and not opinion.
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

It is quite amazing to see how this same topic seems to be on almost every fishing board and with all the same opinions and thoughts on each one. And also no easy answer. Personally I do not have a problem with it, unless all it is a showcase of someones OOS catching abilities

Here is all the bass I caught today...oh yeah but I was really going for something else...

I often say if your good enough to know what your gonna catch when you cast out, I will enjoy watching your fishing show...the whole targeting idea is almost a farce....I caught more bass a week ago on a worm and hook...

Anyway I agree if the Admin think it is wrong then they should flex the power of a Admin and stop the posting...or just put a big blue dot in front of it...
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

re

Post by BBRich »

Actually, I think my vote has been swayed.

With the events that happened in the recent post by Big Bass 444, I'd have to say that posting pics of OOS fish should NOT be allowed on Fish Hawk. It just causes too much controversy and "bad vibes" (lol, yeah, I just said bad vibes). And we're all just here to learn a bit and enjoy ourselves, so anything that takes away from that experience should be removed.
Last edited by BBRich on Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

Thats right go by Law POACHING IS ILLLEAGLE IS IT NOT) what makes your opinion all mighty any way because your a moderator dose not make you always right . Listen to your membership and do what you think is best. Dont expect me to shut up and put up. I agree everyone is entiteled to an opinion right or wrong evan me .I will wait for the answer from Fish Hawk patiently
muskie Stalker
P.S if we all had the same opinion this would be a boring place to be.
Exchange ideas and opinions from many sourses= better board dont you Think
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Canadian Bacon wrote: Lets go by law and not opinion.
Bacon I could not of said it better myself, the law states that it is illegal to target OOS fish as well as it been illegal to knowinkly take pictures of accidently caught OOS fish.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

MuskieStalker1 wrote:Thats right go by Law POACHING IS ILLLEAGLE IS IT NOT) what makes your opinion all mighty any way because your a moderator dose not make you always right . Listen to your membership and do what you think is best. Dont expect me to shut up and put up. I agree everyone is entiteled to an opinion right or wrong evan me .I will wait for the answer from Fish Hawk patiently
muskie Stalker
P.S if we all had the same opinion this would be a boring place to be.
Exchange ideas and opinions from many sourses= better board dont you Think
Funny...yes poaching is illegal....incidental catches are not.
Me being a monitor means nothing..especially when all I asked was to let this stop..Hmmm I do not see an opinion by me here?? So, how can I even think of being right when I just asked to cool it for a bit...yet did not give my personal thoughts....
spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

Trophymuskie wrote: it been illegal to knowinkly take pictures of accidently caught OOS fish.
Last i read the Regs i didn't see anything outlining it to be illegal to take a pic of OOS fish, i think that's where the lines are blurred.

Actually, the MNR folks i've spoken to (aswell as others) have said it's OK to take a pic of OOS fish.... aslong as it's returned to the water "quickly" and not retained.

BIG grey area to deal with...

Just gotta be one of those things where the powers that be need to decide what's acceptable, after all they are "in charge" around here :)
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

Bacon Its obvious to me from your first post you dont agree with my stance and thats ok. You are entiteled in fact i would encourage it.everyone who knows me knows that I am not a crap disturber just somesone how cares alot about our fishery. I have a opinion too and its just as important as anyone eles.
Muskie Stalker
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Trophymuskie wrote:
Canadian Bacon wrote: Lets go by law and not opinion.
Bacon I could not of said it better myself, the law states that it is illegal to target OOS fish as well as it been illegal to knowinkly take pictures of accidently caught OOS fish.
Hey TM..show me where it says that....It does not! targeting yes...illegal..pictures where does it say that is illegal? If that could be proven it would solve alot...butit cannot!! I wish I was wrong about that.
You have stated it over and over but have never shown proof!
Michael
Participant
Participant

Post by Michael »

Well said Cassie. It's troubling to many people who post here. We'll never know how many people visit this site once and leave for ever after seeing OOS fish celebrated in photographs.