another polarization question

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

another polarization question

Post by Jale »

Been looking for a good set of glasses for a while now..just can't find a pair that are really comfortable to wear.

I have come accross a couple of pairs of Bolle's that fit really nice. they are polarized, but not geared towards fishing, just outdoor activities ie. golfing, biking.

Is there any diference in the kind/amount of polarization that goes into different glasses for different purposes?

just trying to find out some more info. Don't wanna buy them and not be happy with them

Thanks

Joe
Last edited by Jale on Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

I don’t know your answer however I purchased a pair of bolle’s several years back, they came with 2 sets of lenses. Polarized and Smoke. I use the Polarized lenses on the water and switch to the others for everyday use thereby avoiding any scratches on the polarized lenses. I personally think they were a great investment and recommend them.
GreenBastard
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GreenBastard »

i dunno if they are the best quality but i bought a pair of rapalas and they are tough....
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

I really enjoy my Bolle's , and would highly recomend them. I have also just purchased a pair of blue water's, and have not had my Bolle's on since... Alway's where a ball cap, and make sure the glasses that you buy wrap around your face as much as possible, so as not to let sunlight impair the preformance of your lenses 8) ...
Chunko
Participant
Participant

Post by Chunko »

I was talked into buying a pair of yellow lens Blue Waters. At first I wasnt sure if I liked them or not as everything seemed so bright. Im the kind of guy that wears sunglasses on the darkest of days as I get migraines from the sunlight. After a week or so I absolutely love them. It is definetely brighter out there but the sun doesnt bug my eyes at all. Will defenitely get another pair as Im sure to drop them off my hat some day(If history is any indication).

Good luck,
Jay
Sluggo
Participant
Participant

Post by Sluggo »

I know they are expensive, but there really is no comparison to a good pair of Oakley's (IMO).

Here's the technology behind them:
http://oakley.ca/technology/polarized/
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

I used to by the cheap repalas glasses ...(mind you they work) but the lens were for ever getting scratched,the arms would break off....ect, so this Year I was down at Paddletales and picked up a set of Blue waters, these are great glass they form fit your face, the Arms are spring loaded , so they can streach ,for those guys with big BRAINS :lol: :wink: I plan on getting another pair this summer...the ones with the yellow lens ...for those dark overcast days :D
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: another polarization question

Post by TroutSlayer »

jale6666 wrote:Is there any diference in the kind/amount of polarization that goes into different glasses for different purposes?

Thanks

Joe
Good questions Joe, the cost is associated with the quality of material in the lens and frame. ie percentage of UV blocking, scratch resistance, optic trueness etc.

Polarization is not variable. When we first started sending light signal through fiber optic cable, we didn't think we would ever run out of bandwidth. Well we did, and the answer was to polarize the light at each end (vertical and horizontal) this doubled the capacity. I studied polarization of light at the time, and can say the polarized film sandwiched between the two parts of your lens is not any better when compared to cheaper or more costly glasses. It's the other coatings and the optic quality of the lenses. Take your fishing glasses to your optometrist and have them checked on the machine. I did that with my Revo Polaroid glasses and they received a very high rating.
Poor quality in optics may not be apparent, but can give you headaches and make you dizzy as your eyes work too hard to compensate.
Cheers,
TS