Where are you fishing the weekend of October 11-12-13?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Is October the time for you to put your boat away?

Yes
18%
No
65%
Depends on the weather
18%

Total votes: 17

Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Where are you fishing the weekend of October 11-12-13?

Post by Seaweed »

I know all of us will be expected to be stuffing the turkey somewhere this weekend but anyone planning on getting a line wet as well?
:o

I usually use this weekend to pull my boat to storage at the Father-In-Laws place but this year I am going to be doing some late fall fishing on the Ottawa so it will winter in Petrie for an incredible low price might I add.

Saturday might be a great day for another outing on the Ottawa. Sunday I would like to hit the Rideau between Blacks Rapids and Long Island locks to see if I can stir up that big ole girl at the mouth of the Jock river.

:twisted:
Lucannus
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lucannus »

I have always fished into November and like to think of myself as hard-core but buying a house this year has made me realise that my weekends aren't all mine.

So I think I will head out once more this year and then put her away for a her beauty rest. Then I will beg and whine at MT livewell to get out for some more action on the water!
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Last tourney

Post by JP »

I'll be doing the last kick on the rideau on saturday. Season has gone by so fast.
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

I probably should put my boat away in October cause I hate freezing my boys off trolling. But I just can't bring myself to call it a season when I know I have at least 5 months of arm chair quarterbacking the Dimestore boys.

I do wanna hunt some muskies. That is actually what first got me to this site. And it is nice to see there are crazier people out there than me.

M.T. Livewell
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Sunday tony and I are going to be hitting the ottawa hard in arnprior for some muskie!
As for putting my boat away, this time of year is normally when I would, but fishing was so great this year that I cant bear the thought. Ill be fishing until the water coming into the boat from my many holes is frozen.
Any one else heading to arnprior sunday?
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

Since the weather forecast for the weekend looks great and I am shipping my wife out of town I plan to hit the Rideau a couple of times. I would like to try for Muskie but not equiped.

I have the boat but not the equipment but if any one wants to try for some muskie and has the equiment and is willing to share I will pay for the gas and supply the boat for a day on the Ottawa.

As for putting the boat away, not yet as I would still like to get in some Quinte Walleye fishing in.
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

The canoe will not be going away for some time.

3 years ago was still out there on Dec 2 what a Beautifull day!!! 8)
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

Boat doesn't get put to bed until Muskie season ends or the water freezes! And since we've got members out there who actually clear the snow off of the ramps, it's usually the hard water that ends the season.

I'll be on the Rideau Friday and most of next week. I always take a week off during muskie prime time...

Hope to get in a day on the Ottawa as well.

See you on the water :P
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

The Mighty Charleston calls!

Post by Cancatchbass »

I'll be fishing a Charleston tournament this Saturday.

Have to make up for the lack of quality fish on Mississippi this past weekend. :oops:

Hoping to average 4 lbs. plus per fish and end the season with a bang!

Those of you who haven't witnessed fall smallie action on Charleston just don't know what you're missing.

CCB
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

My boat won't be away til the waters frozen.... :D

I'm planning on spending the day on the Ottawa on Monday....
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Had good fishing on the Mississippi saterday despite the weather, so I'm leaning towards the Mississippi again!! As far as putting the boat away only when the water is to hard to launch!!Then every saterday you can find topwater and myself at Petrie island on crappie bay!

Big-o <!!!><
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Had good fishing on the Mississippi saterday despite the weather, so I'm leaning towards the Mississippi again!! As far as putting the boat away only when the water is to hard to launch!!Then every saterday you can find topwater and myself at Petrie island on crappie bay!

Big-o <!!!><
MAJOLY
Participant
Participant

Post by MAJOLY »

As far as i'm concern, i'm fishing until the ice on my hands prevents me from going any further.

This weekend i'll be in Wendover for some awesome walleye action. Is anybody going to be there? I'dd be sure glad to meet some of you!!

See you on the water!!
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Possibly fishing Mississippi on Sunday. Depends entirely on the wife. :evil:

M.T. Livewell
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

After a lot of consideration I think I'll stay around home and fish the long point area in the inner bay of Lake. A morning trout/salmon fish followed by an afternoon hunt for pike and finish the day with an evening fish for smallies.

We should pick up a couple trout/salmon in the morning and the Pike are a no brainer right now, but I'm really looking forward to finding a school of fall smallmouth. If we can't locate any smallmouth, we can always fill a bucket with perch. Gotta love the long point area!