MISSISICABI MAGIC. 2 DAYS=200+ WALLEYE. (17 pics) Report.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

ScottS.

You're not missing a thing man, we did go by boat. I thought crossing the southern James Bay would take awhile because you look at it on a map of Ontario and recognize it as a big body of water. Well it is, but not really where we crossed. With a 40hp from Moose Factory it's 12 km to the mouth of the Moose River, 55-60km across the the mouth of the Missisicabi, then we went about 15km up that river to camp crossing into Quebec where right now a huge forest fire is a blaze where we were. One way takes about 2-4 hours with that 40hp depending on water levels really.

shallow waters...... JOHN!!!!

Great to see you on here bud. Not to many people frequent the Yukon on this site, only the luckiest guy I know who just happened to join last night on FH :wink: Two tents was great man, for the extra 5 pounds of my tent it's sweet having all that extra space for your stuff, and with the heat lately 1 body in a tent is way cooler. Besides man, that sun and all the exercise we were getting catching walters cast after cast after cast, well it had us reaking too. :lol: We gotta get out. Maybe this week we should hike the creek and try for those brookies. With the waters record low they've gotta be stacked up in any hole they can find. Message me man.

Norm :lol: :lol: :lol:

MT ride back was quicker in truth because we weren't dealing with big waves, but, Paul's cooler was pretty heavy with fillets, and the stringer was full.

BBR. Told ya man, it's not a Simswich or whatever 3 breaded monster you ingest big guy. :lol:

CCB. Hope it's the kind of trip I still get to look forward to when I get as old as you and Big-O :wink: :lol:

Thanks again ya'll.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

WOW is all I can say well it was biting there a lot more than at the Takwata. we caught our limits but that was about it then a dreaded cold front that drop the temperature by 25 deg in about 3 hours sure gave em lockjaw. But going back 2moro
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Good luck out there Wally. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow anyways but good chance of rain.

Man, if I didn't work friday I'd jump the Polar Bear be down there by noon, fish a day, camp at the tracks and flag down the train on friday for the return trip. :idea: :lol:

It'd be worth it. That looks on the map like a promising little area.
Yankee
Participant
Participant

Post by Yankee »

Moosebunk,

What an amazing adventure. The remoteness is just as appealing as the good fishing. I envy you. Great pictures and a terrific report.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

That was an awesome read...

Carlco
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D Great trip..and how long will it take me to get there? :lol:
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Thanks again dudes. I've got a confession. I've reread my post every day since I posted it. I just can't quit living in the past this week :lol:

It truly was a great outing.

Salmon - tooooo long, and you could fly to Hawaii from where you are cheaper than flying to me in Moosonee.
Gravelguy4
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gravelguy4 »

Hey Bunk,
I see you keep posting as often as you can to keep this one at the top.
gotta make sure we all see it over and over :wink:

i would too if i had a story like that.
that trip is like some sort of campfire legend.
some fisherman's heaven we all dream of but few get to visit.

take er easy

keith
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Gravelguy4 wrote:Hey Bunk,
I see you keep posting as often as you can to keep this one at the top.
gotta make sure we all see it over and over :wink:

i would too if i had a story like that.
that trip is like some sort of campfire legend.
some fisherman's heaven we all dream of but few get to visit.
:lol: GG4

I've had some help keeping it up top awhile from a few good folks like yourself, but hey, it is "heaven" we're talking about and I've known people to spread that gospel for a couple thousand years now. :wink:

:D

Back to the top she's goes I guess :roll: 8)
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

Fishing in the lakes above north bay as a teen, I thought I was in "Gods Country" but I have seen it now- every time you send pics and I want to thank you.Ooohh I am so envious!!
Norm