If I build it.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

If I build it will you come?

once a week
20%
twice a week
13%
once every month
33%
one time this winter
33%
never...too damn cold
No votes

Total votes: 15

Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

RJ.....Just bring the coffee....and the whisky!!
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Just curious!

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Hey C.B. just curious if you know a buddy of mine that sets up a shack at Petrie, god you look like him in your photo....Mark Macey!. I've worked with him for years until about a year ago. He's always set up there for Muskie, catches 1 or 2 monsters a season. I was out there with him a couple years ago and caught a nice 8-9 lb Pike. Never any luck with wallies although I know they're there.... Just curious....Fish On'.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Hey CB,
I love to ice fish and I have never done so in the Ottawa area, so if the offer is open to everyone I would definetely stop in! Plus it would be a good oportunity to meet all the guys on the site.
keep me posted
Blake
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Wall-I-Guy..sory don't know him...must be a good lookin guy though..LOL.
Orrsey...come on down!!!!!!
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

Wal-i guy
I fish with Mark most weekends in the winter usually in crappie bay
topwater(mike)[/quote]
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

bacon
Crappie bay is fun to fish and yes there is crappie but I would not set up a shack there as drive on ice access is tentative most years you can usually get on the other bays much earlier.
topwater(mike)
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Thanks Top....we'll have to check it out.....
spinner
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by spinner »

Canadian Bacon
If Bigjoe2 makes the trip,he will now have a place to stay!!! :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :lol: :shock:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

I recall a while back, as Bacon points out, you used to be able to launch a boat in Crappie Bay. This year though, someone has put some VERY large rocks to prevent access. Anyone know who that may have been? :twisted:

Anyone with a backhoe wanna help us open up access to Crappie Bay once more?

I may stop by once or twice to see the gang. Not much for ice fishing, but that probably has to do with my past history. Maybe with the right gang it would be different. However, my wife kind of looks forward to my "winter sabaticle" from fishing. Boy is she in for a surprise. :shock:

M.T. Livewell

P.S. "Bacon, if you build it ... they will come" - taken from Movie Ice-hut of Dreams.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Bacon, I'll be up for one visit. Keep the board posted when you're set up and the fish have located the Pork Belly Lodge and I'll plan a trip north.

I would have to of course return the hospitality and drag you south for a day of pearch'n on Long Point Bay!
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Canadian Bacon wrote:RJ.....Just bring the coffee....and the whisky!!
Yummmy - did someone say coffee? :wink:
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Markus...I will do!!! I will always post when I am going to be there...I may even leave a key with the guys down there for Hawk Talkers!! Or maybe give one to MT, Spinner and Bradford, Topwater or Big-O but I will be there most of the time!
I would love to go down and fish with ya for some Perch at Long Point Bay!!
MT...I know your wife very well, although you think she wants you around for the winter....who ya trying to kid :? ???? You can fool some of the people some of the time....but she would rather you be fishin...LOL...am I right MT's Wife??? RUK, wanna comment on this...
The reason she lets you get a boat is so you get out!!! Serenity now Serenity now..it's what keeps you both relatively sane. So a hut is what she was hoping for!! Your problem ya big weiner is the cold...just dress for it...you may need new boots this year...but get out there buddy you'll love it!!
BigJoe2...I have an air mattres for you to stay on.....LOL :P
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

OK, crank the heat up to 72, make sure Hockey Nite Canada is on the TV, leave an extra towel for the shower, and have the fridge stocked and I might show up! :lol: :lol: Should I bring a pair of skates for a Hawk-Tawk pick-up game?? :twisted: :twisted:
spinner
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by spinner »

BigJoe2 wrote:OK, crank the heat up to 72, make sure Hockey Nite Canada is on the TV, leave an extra towel for the shower, and have the fridge stocked and I might show up! :lol: :lol: Should I bring a pair of skates for a Hawk-Tawk pick-up game?? :twisted: :twisted:
Always bring skates to Ottawa in the winter as we have one of the largest outdoor rinks in the world....The rideau canal.It's flooded and snow is cleared constantly.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

OK, I'm 6'3, 235, and shrinking, put me on the checking line, if Domi is playing I'll be sick that weekend! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: