Price of plastics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jbarker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Price of plastics

Post by jbarker »

Plastic baits are made from petroleum which the price has increased therefore making the price of most plastics rise. I was talking with a tackle shop owner last night and he was ordering 400+ senko type plastics for next year so he can offer them at the same price as this year.

in the next couple of months the prices should rise about 70 cents a bag. I know it doesn't sound like alot but when you buy 100 bags a year thats 70 bucks and most tournament guys will buy close to that. If you can buy now. I know for a fact that wave worms and yum products are rising as well as the yamamotos. I hope this helps some of you.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

....now everyone go out and buy a bunch before the price hike. That should create a demand in the market and then we can watch prices soar even more.
g unis
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

plastics

Post by g unis »

little do we realize. paints are petro products as plastic lures. even the plastic clamshells. prices will increase. many dont know yet. theres a surcharge in shipping thru canada post also
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

I know prices will go up, but save yourself a lot of money and buy plastics in bulk. I save about $100-200 a year doing this and you don't have to worry about running out all the time. I buy bags of 100-500 at a time. I know that seems like a lot, but I go through that in a season easy. You can buy bags of 50 at many of the local tackle shops in Venom, Yum, Power baits, Rite Bite and so on.

Just my 2 cents
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I have thought of the price increase as well and so put in some HUGE orders for inventory (o.k., now nobody invent something that's better than a Senko over the winter o.k.?). These things won't spoil. I should have enough numbers to get well into next spring. I am leaving some empty pegs though for those really cool must have new thingys that always seem to come out each winter.

Ed Toobinator Puddephatt
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pepe »

Ed - I'll take 4 bags in blue and white of those "really cool must have new thingys"!!!!! :D :D

C Ya on Muskrat this fall - maybe at the Hawgin Bass event this saturday.
baitcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

NOW YOU TELL ME!

Post by baitcaster »

Just after I posted a huge 25% off plastics sale starting tomorrow until October 1st! Perhaps I should change it to 25% added on sale! I wouldn't do that - perhaps it really is a good time to stock up!
Crystal
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

You people should have picked up on JP's deal of a life time in the spring $300. worth of plastics, tube sinkers, circle hooks etc. for $75. No one did, si I did and it was money well spent. I had enough that I was giving bags away to friends. Thanks again JP
Norm
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

The price of white spinnerbaits should stay pretty well on keel.
Whew, that emergency avoided. :lol:

M.T. Livewell
spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

of course the price of senko's wnet down almost $2. a package this year over last and a local tackle shop here in Niagara has the waveworms for $5. a 10 pack i believe....

me tho, i spent $150. and MADE 400 of my own senko knock offs, in the colours i want and scents i want, aswell as the hardness/softness i want and as much salt (brittle) or as little salt (last way longer) as i want.... it's also a bonus to be able to catch a fish on a bait you've made ;)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~wannabefishing/B ... es%202.JPG