Meat/Sport/Trophy

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Do you fish for meat/sport/trophies

Poll ended at Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:13 am

Meat
16%
Sport
74%
Trophy
10%

Total votes: 31

ken & Jo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ken & Jo »

Summer time is eating time, as we have big fish frys with all the residents of my trailer park and the cottagers. Fall time (1st time this year) is trophy time but only to take pictures or get a replica mount. I'm waiting to send in my order for my personal best of a 13 lb walleye I caught the other weekend unless I catch a bigger one maybe this weekend.

Ken
BCBoy
Participant
Participant

Post by BCBoy »

I don't trophy fish per se as I've never mounted anything that I've killed and I've killed some beauty 50 plus pound chinook salmon...I am definitely a meat fisherman but there are many times that I go out fishing that I don't catch anything and I just love being out there trying so I guess that makes me kind of a sporty too!
Like Pink Lady, I refuse to pay supermarket prices for fish so when I can legally catch a salmon, steelhead or trout I will kill it...I've got a happy freezer this year. Then there are days that the fishing is sooooooo good that I will kill one right away (which is often the limit) and then I'm just fishin' for fun...and I do have fun!
Good idea for a poll though.
BCBoy