Your Favorite / Most Successful Muskellunge Lure??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Snag, thats a great find for yourself.

I've been looking forward to tossing some big biats with my Shinano Calcutta....

...but it appears it's grown legs and walked off somewhere to hide. :? :cry:
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Awww that sucks!!

Are you gonna make your way down here for another good muskie fish?
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I hope so.

Maybe Wolfe and I could arrange a calander date and head up at the same time.

What do ya say Wolfe? You got 1 more road trip left in ya?
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

I would absolutely love to try to arrange the time. Don't know if it's "do-able". Just for kicks, though, what dates are you thinking Markus? 8)

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Any weekend in November would work Wolfe. We'll bundle ourselves up in a couple of survival suits and round up a couple guides and go get ourselves a muskie! I now a couple guys in the Ottawa area that would take us out. :lol:

I have 3 weeks left of vacation to burn...I'd love to head to Ottawa for a go at the skies.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Markus,

Wknd of the 12th (Nov.) is shot down as my sister-in-law & her kids are coming up.

Then there is our Thanksgiving holiday wknd, which has the potential to work out for an overnighter, but that might be too late / too @#&*! cold ... don't ya think...? (When does the muskie season close up there, by the way?)

I'll toss out the idea to Brian, but the way things have been going here lately, I don't know how it'll go over. :roll:

W.
muskiesRus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Favorite Lures

Post by muskiesRus »

9" Grandmas and Cisco Kids!
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

Peppino wrote:Hi Wolfe,

Fudally's Hawg Spin, Grandma lures

Peppino
Just for you folks who like the fudally lures, can you believe I actually picked up some of these at Bits n Baits in Stittsville last night - Hawg Spins in Black, white and firetiger. For those of you who don't know these, they are a medium priced tandem spinner bait and hard to get in Canada. Also picked up some nice 100# fleuro leaders. If you want some I would get there quick, they won't last long.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

wolfe wrote:Markus,

Wknd of the 12th (Nov.) is shot down as my sister-in-law & her kids are coming up.

Then there is our Thanksgiving holiday wknd, which has the potential to work out for an overnighter, but that might be too late / too @#&*! cold ... don't ya think...? (When does the muskie season close up there, by the way?)

I'll toss out the idea to Brian, but the way things have been going here lately, I don't know how it'll go over. :roll:

W.

Muskie season closes on Dec 15. Don't forget your longjohns Wolfe!!! :) :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

The last 2 weekends in November i'm off... Would like to head up too... Gotta buy some more gear though... Am looking at a Abu 5500 matched with a Shimano stick... opinions... comments??
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

jammer13 wrote:The last 2 weekends in November i'm off... Would like to head up too... Gotta buy some more gear though... Am looking at a Abu 5500 matched with a Shimano stick... opinions... comments??
I bought the 5500 for my wife, its slighlty lighter than the 6500 and matched her rod better, however, the 5500 does not have a drag "clicker" this is a great help when trolling as it indicates the strike. I have been thinking of adding a clicker by getting the parts for a 6500 and fitting them on the 5500 - they appear to fit as I have a 6500 - but it's gonna cost me appx $50 to do this. In retrospect I should have bought the 6500 but didn't notice the absence of the "clicker" until after the reel had been used :(

Don't know the Shimano Stick
muskiesRus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Muskie Lures-Favorite

Post by muskiesRus »

9" Grandmas
Cisco Kids
These work on the St.Lawrence!
All colours seem to work at one
time or another.
Just my 2 cents!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

With another rainy morning we found ourselves at Bass Pro Shops again...gee, go figure...!

As mentioned, I want to continue to increase my muskie lure assortment and love all the info this thread has provided to me. I am going to refer back to it often.

Today, I left with a Believer (and a few good, strong leaders). It's like going into a chocolate shop and having to pick only 1 candy. :lol: Trying to watch the $'s as the rod & reel combo is going to put me out for a bit, I'm sure.

W.
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

(Jammer) You should have a look at the C-4 elite, it has a thumb bar, and also has the clicker, it's a pretty good little reel. If it just going to be used for Musky, then I would beef it up a little more :) . If you have a certain amount in your budget it would help narrow thing's down a bit. Compre rod's are also fairly cheap and have some good back bone to them :)
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi all

like H.O.F. said compre is a good rod for the price,,,,,,,,,,,,and there the rapala one,,,,,((i like it more then the compre for the price,,,,a good stiff 6.9foot rod,,,,, :wink:

dont have to spend a tons off monney for a good rod ,,that would do the job done.........

the reel,,,,,,,,,some peen,of okuma,,,or abu garcia do great job,,,,

some friend off mine preffer some okuma reel and penn over an abu garcia,,,,,any time,,,,,,

for lure again,,,,,,,

beleiver/swim whiz
jakes/grandma
spinnerbaits(big)
topaiders
suicks

joco