Santa and Flipping Sticks

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Do you own a Flipping Stick?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 23

Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Santa and Flipping Sticks

Post by Seaweed »

What you might say do Santa and Flipping Sticks have in common?

Well it looks like Santa is going to be bringing one to me this Xmas and I am not sure which rod (other than the overpriced G. Loomis :( ) to go with.

Does anyone have a Flipping Stick model that really works for them. Please elaborate on why you like that one model.

I am looking for a Heavy rod in the 7 to 71/2 foot long category that will take all the fuss out of working the slop and put more chubby Bass in the boat.
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

Seaweed, take a look at Fenwick. All reports on this rod are superior in performance.

http://www.fenwickfishing.com/custom/pr ... ey=1081593
Mrtopwater2
Participant
Participant

Post by Mrtopwater2 »

I own an HMX. It's not brand new, but absolutely awesome! Don't see any reason for the newer models to not be any different.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Flipping Sticks

Post by plowjock »

Found a 7ft. 6 in. Heavy flipping stick in the new Clarus line probably one of the least expensive, sturdy,and light weight rods around. I think you will hear more about these rods next year. Shimano finally came through with a Good one. At present own about 6 of them very useful. great performance from the whole line of Clarus Rods.
JIGNPIG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JIGNPIG »

Actually I own five flippin sticks 4 Abu Garcia and one Fenwick, I prefer the Fenwick out of all of them it has a little softer tip then the Abu's but still has the backbone to pull the Hawgs out of heavy cover The Abu's are just like broom handles but they serve their purpose and the didn't break the bank they average around 80 to 90 dollars and all of them are around four to five years old so they have paid for themselves over and over.

Bryan