Creek Fishing - Nov 17th - morning

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Creek Fishing - Nov 17th - morning

Post by Markus »

I got out this morning with Jammer Sr (Jammers dad). He's an older version of Jammer with lots of stuborn old tricks he loves to stick with. :lol: I fished a few times with Jammer Sr last year and it was great to get together with him for the first time this season. And with Jammer working all those night shifts, it was great to finally share some conversation with someone as the sun rose.

We worked the water together and I think him constantly making me laugh had me a bit distracted. I missed a good take and Jammer Sr missed one too. I did manage 1 small shaker before we called it quits.

It's really starting to get cold in the mornings. Time to layer a few more peices of clothing on. Jammer and I are hooking up Sunday morning...I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully between the two of us, we'll hook into decent fish. :P
Last edited by Markus on Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

nice fish :) more fun fishing with someone. played hooky today and was looking for somewhere to go and wet a line, ended up at queenston for a look-see, river blown :oops: . kinda figured it would have cleared a bit. i know, im a sucker for punishment. :lol:

chris
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Great pictures Mark, is that a SMOLT :lol: :wink: ,

Got to get me a rainbow 8)
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Can't tell, the picture is a little dark. Is that a baitcaster with 20lb power pro? :lol:

Well done fella.

MT
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Squig, too bad about Queenston. It'll be poor for a bit. More SW coming to stir it up again. :?

BigO, little bigger than a smolt :lol: , but still no good! I need a quality fish and some reel peel!

MT, power pro is for the sub-specie fish.

Back out in the AM with my good buddy (or as joco would say, "my goo body") RatherBeRigging! :P
dh99
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dh99 »

nice pics Markus

Can't beleive how many trees still have green leaves on them.

DH

By the way wait is the deal with the power pro jokes? :lol:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Not many left dh...the big blows have taken care of most of them. My favorite red maple at home is still holding on too! :lol:

This part of the creek is in the bottom sheltered part of a ridge. Beautiful country and easy walking.
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

Good on ya for watching after the old man for me... Can't wait to hit that windy stretch on the weekend... :wink:
fly fishing canada
Participant
Participant

Post by fly fishing canada »

nice fish markus. the creek jammer and u fished looks really nice i wish they made em like that here!

good luck on the weekend

FFC
JFish
Participant
Participant

Post by JFish »

Nice fish Markus, at least you still getting em.

I have a question for anyone who fishes Big Creek or any other tribs in the area. I am just looking for starting points. I want to walk the tribs and find my own spots I just need a place to start. Obviously there are spots that are almost impossible to walk through and that is what I am trying to eliminate. If anyone has any input u can pm me. Of course if anyone helps me out I will in return tell them where fish were found, if found, lol.

I may be heading out tomorrow around 10 to try to find some spots if anyone wants to meet up somewhere.

JFISH
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Jfish, Big Creek is open from the dam in Delhi and south.

There's lots of places you could start.

1. The dam in Delhi
2. Lyndoch Hwy 21 I think
3 Hwy 16 crosses it.
4. Hwy 3 crosses it.

These 4 spots are all great starting spots. If you'd like to meet me in Delhi tomorrow, I'd be happy to take you to a couple starting spots.

I'll pm you my office # and you can call me when you get to town. I won't be able to fish, but I'd be happy to show ya a couple spots.
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

???

Post by Legend »

:) I can't figure the Erie tribs Mark...

It seems like 2 out of every 3 fish are shakers. In the Huron tribs the fish are all 5 - 7 pound clones.

:) Legend
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: ???

Post by Markus »

Legend wrote::) I can't figure the Erie tribs Mark...

It seems like 2 out of every 3 fish are shakers. In the Huron tribs the fish are all 5 - 7 pound clones.

:) Legend
Legend, I've never seen so many shakers! Good indication for the future. :P