Message From Markus

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

it all comes down to jealousy.

whether its a certain someone, or the silly children on that site, or just simply another jealous angler, Markus, you'll always be fighting the weak.

just look at any famour angler on tv. someone, 'someone' will always have something less than nice to say.

Anyways, i'm sure i'll see no less of ya, as we are both on the water tons....

I really feel for the members of this site that dont live near us, and really look forward to your posts....

BUT, i see nothing wrong with your decision....

These 'other' anglers may think they've won, cause your not posting....but you'll still catch 10 fish for every 1 of theirs (if that certain someones lucky).

The jealous will always be the jealous.

Just enjoy fishing for what the sport has to offer.

Steve

(edited to protect the ignorant)
Last edited by steve-hamilton on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coop
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Coop »

I'm disgusted.

Markus is a decent guy and never thinks twice about helping people out.

More than that, if he has a problem with you, he deals with it in a manly way.

For the people who harrassed him, or threatened him, you are cowards, probably jealous and definitely pathetic. I am disgusted. Markus is the reason that many of us are here, the d*ck heads who have treated him so poorly is a big reason why many of us won't stay.

If the identities of these people are available, and they are members of FH, I sure hope they are banned.

People make me sick.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

:( :( You will be sorely missed on FH Markus! I'm still in shock from what I just read. Unbelievable!
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Speechless. :x :?

"See" ya soon Mark.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Folks,

Just so everyone is aware, what Markus mentioned hear did not happen over night. This has been going on for quite some time.

It is bound to wear you down. Frankly I'm surprised Markus bothered putting up with it for as long as he did.

By the way, I have it on good word by a certain new 'lurker' to our site that he is very grateful for the well wishes. :D

MT
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Well Markus, you gotta do what you gotta do. I support your decision to lay low but I do hope you come back someday. Your posts & reports will be missed.. and who the heck is gonna make fun of me now? :lol: ah, I'm sure there are still lots of people willing to volunteer. ;)

I'm sorry it had to come to this. I hope anyone who has made a threat like those will get what they deserve. I think Steve-Hamilton is right - it's pure jealousy. Maybe those guys should go against you in a fishing contest instead of a street fight, then we'd see who wins.

You're a great angler and a good spirited person, and I wish you & your family all the best in the holiday season and the new year.
dskrizzy
Participant
Participant

Post by dskrizzy »

What a shame! :(

I can remember when I first heard of FH, I cold PM'ed Markus for some information on his Pre-Fish of Nipissing. Not only did he reply very promptly but shared what he learned. Very classy man. Made me feel welcome to FH right away.
To get pi$$ed on and endure threats is uncalled for, especially, from what I have seen, all he did was help people.

Sad Day @ FH for sure!

Take Care Markus and All the best during the Holiday Season to you and your family! Dont be a stranger...

d.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Hurtin', It must be jealousy, that provokes these people to threaten someone over a hotspot, anyway I think this has happened before, hopefully he'll say f it and come back, but if people are threatening u and u have a family... not cool! Happy Fishin' :!:

Cheers,

Rich
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

Markus:

Just from one fisherman to another - Thanks for all the great contributions you've made here at Fish-Hawk!!
dh99
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dh99 »

Hi Guys

I am new to fish-hawk and I must say that I enjoyed reading Markus's fishing trips, jokes and tips. Markus was always one of the first to answer to messages. Never met the guy but from what I can tell he is a friendly guy who enjoys fishing. The sport of fishing is about more than fishing, it is about talking about fishing talking fishing and meeting different people and making friends.

I have seen this happen on another site but and it is Sad to see these guys that are there to help people be punished or mistreated for their generosity.Those cowards should feel ashamed for what they have done to prevent Markus from enjoying these things with the Fish-hawkers. But these people are probably happy that Markus will no longer be here and they feel like they have won.

Markus I hope you come back some time and Enjoy the holiday season.

DH

Maybe I will see you some day on quinte!!
Fishing Freak
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishing Freak »

when a man or his family gets threatened, for giving info to help another. Well hell, THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT.

Mark, you and your family have a safe and Happy Holiday. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Dave
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

All I'll say is, it's an enormous loss for the Fish-hawk community. I'll echo many of the comments already put forth, MT, Birdee etc.

I will say, thank goodnes I consider this man an absolute friend. You won't find anyone who goes out of their way to share their knowledge, equipment and even their home the way Mark does.

I remember when he started here at FH, he was just bursting with ethusiasm to not only absorb info, but share what he knew. Once he did learn, he wasn't selfish keeping it to himself, it was available upon request to anyone. Others unfortunately have to find something wrong with even that.

Ah yes, the interrnet. it has been good, but it can be bad. For nothing other than sheer jealousy of other individuals. Well I totally respect your decision but, I hope you can find a way to work it out so that you may be able to rejoin our community at some point. If not, I for one totally understand and respect whatever decisions you stay with or re-tool :!: :wink:

Thank goodness there's MSN...Keep in touch Buddy :!: I'm confident we'll be on some trips together for sure.

Oh ya Happy Holidays to the whole Kehoe clan :!: :D
Last edited by Wall-I-Guy on Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Hmmmm...

Post by Cancatchbass »

Mark and I have had our share of disagreements, some of which have become quite heated, but I just cannot see anyone making such threats!

I would recommend he seriously consider getting the police involved. Who knows whether these are idle threats or if there is a real whacko with a hate on for him? Surely the posters can be easily tracked down and dealt with.

On a higher level- I think the real nasty stuff originated on other boards- F-H participants tend to be more civil than those elsewhere...

Take care, Mark- and do come back!

CCB
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Mark....

You have contributed more to this site than any other Hawker on the board and everyone will back me on that.It is so sad to hear what other ''Anglers'' say to people in acts of jealousy.I have never met you in person, but we have shared info through PMs and E-mail and I would like to thank you for the trout tactics :wink: .it is very unfortunate to have such a well known member and freind to leave a community we try to keep free from these things.You will be missed, I hope it is not permenent.Hope you get this message.

Enjoy Christmas and best wishes go out to PL and the yunggins :D

You will be missed...........

Andrew..

Last edited by Tip-up on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Truly a sad day for this site and many others....

I won't add anything more to it than that....

Markus knows what I think of him and his family...

We'll see you soon... :wink:

RJ