Message From Markus

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Message From Markus

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Folks,

A lot of folks wondering what happened to our dear friend Markus. Well he got in touch with me and asked if I could post the message on his behalf ...
My friends at FH-Net,

I just wanted to send you a short note to explain my future absence.

The internet has been a great place for me to not only learn and develop as an angler, but it is also been an excellent resource to not only meet new fishing pals, but friends I’ll have for life.

Unfortunately, there is a downside of being a regular participant on the Internet. People that don’t know you can get the impression they do know you. Opinions can easily be wrongly formed from interpreting words differently then they were intended.

In the past while, I’ve had been threatened with a 12 gauge for posting a tip in another persons thread, I’ve been told my eye’s are going to be blackened because I helped an out of towner over the VHF, I’ve been warned not to be surprised to come back to the parking lot and find my trailer tires slashed, I’ve had a CO show up at my house to inspect my freezer, I’ve had my ice hut stolen, I’ve had silly lies spread amongst my community about the amounts of fish I keep, I get weekly PM’s from people with nothing good to say, there’s one internet site that’s sole purpose is to make fun of me and my friends here at fish-hawk….

Now this stuff doesn’t bother me too too much because I know the sources and the ridiculous reasons that surround the insanity, but it does bother my family.

I’ve decided to just to concentrate more on enjoying my time with my family and friends. Even though the majority of the Internet community is made up of the very best of people, there are just too many whack jobs out there.

I’ve enjoyed my run here and on other message boards. I’ve made a lot of great friends all over the province. I look forward to spending more time fishing with these friends and making more future fishing pals with individuals that have looked me in the eye first.

I look forward to seeing my FH friends in the future….in person and in private conversations.

All the best and enjoy the Holidays. Be safe out there on the ice and good luck next season!

Warmest Regards,
Markus
Frankly, I am quite disturbed by what I am hearing, and those people (and you know who you are) should be ashamed of themselves.

With that said, well will miss you here on FH Markus. But I count you among my friends and look forward to staying in touch by other means.

M.T. Livewell
(p.s. I don't mean to editorialize Markus' message ... :evil: )
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I never met Markus in person, but I for one will miss his posts.

Some people have nothing better to do but hassle others .
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

A sad day and a sad commentary on the fishing community. You will be missed Markus, take care, and hope to see you return.
Last edited by Pints on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Markus, I hope your absence isn't permanent... but if it is, I think we all will understand. You will be missed.

But I do hope I can head down your way again one day and fish the big waters. :D
trapperdirk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trapperdirk »

Well that's just crazy and whoever the moron is that threatened Marcus or his family bring it on to me instead . Man now I'm sounding just as bad as the clown, but geeesh I'm riled and hope they do come looking . :evil:
Its a shame Markus and a blackeye here at FH if someone from here intiated this . I hope and trust not as this site always seems civil .

TD
scttsmpsn
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by scttsmpsn »

That all happened here? I must have missed something. I have never seen Markus say anything that would warrant threats like that. My jaw is on the floor.

All because of helping out others? I am completley lost at all this. Is this because people are jelous that he catches alot of big fish? That is wild and I am at a loss of words! People getting mad because he offers tips? These people never get help themselves? Yeah right...

Cheers,

Scott
sportfish_dom
Participant
Participant

Post by sportfish_dom »

I for one find this commentary disgusting in that someone or more person(s) would stoop to that level... :(
I will surely miss your great posts and look forward to your come back, but of coarse family and your health first...take care!
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

There are bad people in all fasets of life. It's to bad but they do exist and the internet is a good way for those cowards to hide behind a keyboard. Lord knows I have to deal with one now and again.

Markus you and I rarely ever saw eye to eye but we are both good people and I wish you and your familly the best for the holidays and whatever future endevours you may have.

Best regards,
Richard Collin
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

we'll miss ya here but family comes first and foremost. it wont be the same here without ya. hope to see ya on the water.

chris
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

I'm left kinda shocked and speechless by all this...Markus was a great contributor to the board, always ready to help another out. Infact I left him a pm just last night but I guess he won't be getting it. :(

Its a really sad fact that there are people out there as described above, they are by far the minority though. Ashamed isn't a good enough word for it MT but its perhaps the closest word to how pathetic these individuals truly are.

I, as others hope your absence will not be perm. Markus, you'll be missed.
But I surely do understand your reasoning. Come back soon.
Birdee
Participant
Participant

Markus's message

Post by Birdee »

:( :( I could not agree with M.T. anymore....I think that is one of the reason's that you don't see to many comments from me.
I think everyone should take a good long look in the mirror before you start passing judgement onto others. Grow up people. This board is suppose to be good for everyone, full of information about everything you could possibly imagine and to learn other ways to catch that big one your looking for, if your way is not working. You all act like a playyard full of children. That's my opinion and I am entitled to that.

Markus

To you and Allison and the girls....you are more than welcome to stay at our house anytime your in the area :D
We consider you a true friend and a great fishing buddy :wink: and someone that you can learn a lot from, which I will be doing next year every chance I get. (I still haven't cought that musky RJ) .

Take care and we'll see you next year.

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones :!: :)

Birdee
Caseys Dream
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Caseys Dream »

idiocy pure and simple. FH will never be the same.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

This news is very disturbing. I will definitely miss Markus on fish-hawk, but when the situation gets personal and involves someone’s family enough is enough. I hope Markus will be back on fish-hawk in the future, but if he is not I understand.

The internet can be a great place to meet people and exchange information, but there are always a few who ruin a good thing. I have the greatest respect for Markus and his family since this first time I met him a few years ago, on a crazy Good Friday fishing trip (I will never forget that one).

Best wishes Markus to you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season. I hope to see you sometime soon when I am in Southern Ontario.

JimW
Taildancer
Participant
Participant

Post by Taildancer »

Yep thats just wrong! Markus i know where your coming from because i have been having the same problems with threats towards my family by a few more popular forum users that are been slowly being banned from the sites i freqent, and I have been lurking more than posting lately on the recomendation of my lawyer and the internet crime lnvestgation unit. You do what you feel you have to Markus but I say stick it out, it's your input that keeps a lot of us going.
Good luck whatever you do.
Sherriff
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sherriff »

Well I think that this is a sad loss for the fishing Forums. Markus always had a lot of good things to contribute and I looked forward to his posts.

I also think that if people are threatening him then this is a good decision to lay low on the forums. It is not worth the hassle. That is totally uncalled for and unacceptable. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

As for the forum making fun of him. I can say that as far as I know, that was all in fun and in many threads, Markus was in on the jokes towards other as well.

So, Markus, I hope you come back and post your great reports and help many anglers like you have in the past. I would just hope that everyone (including Markus if he comes back) starts to follow my mothers advice. "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Fishface