Anyone ever fish Crow Lake?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Anyone ever fish Crow Lake?

Post by orrsey »

Hey everyone,
Looking for some help here, a couple buddies and myself are fishing in a pike tourny this weekend. I have never fished this lake and was wondering if anyone would be so kind to maybe lead me in the right direction as to where to find some? Any help would be much appreciated!
PMs welcome
thanks
Blake
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

orrsey, check yr PMs.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

cant say- but I have eaten crow many times.
Norm
bassmasta
Participant
Participant

Post by bassmasta »

Last edited by bassmasta on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

i would recommend marinating crow meat in a italian dressing overnight and then slowy cook it to get the "full affect".

but really i prefer sea gull meat. they are easy to catch. a little piece of bread on a hook. let them take it in and fly off with it. then as soon as they are about 25 feet to 50 feet in the air you set the hook and then you do the same. marinate over night and cook slowy to get the "full affect"

bottom feeder, have you really had crow before???
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

thanks for the advice on crow, anyone know about catching pike however on the lake?
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Orrsey,

Don't know which crow you're talking about but if its the one that is connected to Bob's Lake, I've fished it once last summer, She's a limestone type lake crystal clear, plenty of shoals and points with decent weed growth, I'd suggest tryin to get a hold of a depth chart for the lake, so you don't end up punching holes over 100fow :wink: as for pike I'm guessing goldies would be an excellent choice, even dead bait at this time of year should be good. I'd stay in the 6 to 20 ft range. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rich
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

thanks moster hunter, I am in the process of trying to get a map, and I do believe its the one connected to bob's.
GamblerSteve
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Crow Lake

Post by GamblerSteve »

Orrsey,

I guessing your getting on at Crow Lake village? I haven't fished this lake in years but when I did I caught lots of Pike and big Pike in the back of the bay well the only bay in the North/East corner. There's a couple of islands and a underwater point. Fish the south side of the bigger island it normally has a good weed line in the summer dropping off into deep water.

Steve