Quit, but I'm now Back.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kenny
Participant
Participant

Quit, but I'm now Back.

Post by Kenny »

I had sold my boat and boating equipment two years ago but wish to return to fishing in the Ottawa area. The adventure weekends organized by Fish Hawk appear to be a great way to meet other anglers. Having moved from Toronto recently there is no one in my NHBD or work place to go fishing with. I am trying to rebuild a fishing buddy group and I think I will start here. Are there any tournaments etc... that you are aware of that are held in the Ottawa area that I could look into. Also looking to buy a used boat , under 20 ft and under $10,000.
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

Welcome to the site.
check the classified. soon they will become available with soft water fast approaching.
Norm
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Hey Kenny,

Glad to hear you're back into it and glad to hear you're starting here to get the ball rolling. There are so many good people on Fish-Hawk that are more than happy to help people out with fishing experiences. The weekends we've had in the past have been a great way to get with a bunch of people and really get to know who they are and what they're all about. There is a lot of experience and knowledge out there and we pride ourselves here at fish-hawk on providing a vehicle to spread that knowledge.

We're planning some new outings this year. I hope you are able to participate.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

Kenny,

Welcome back. As for tournaments there are several (4 or 5 at least) BASS fishing series running in the Ottawa area.
Kenny
Participant
Participant

Thanks Guys

Post by Kenny »

I had located a few fishings clubs in the Ottawa area and considering joining two. I found them on a thread under "Tournaments". I have always been a Pike/Musky guy but I will consider bass in order to broaden my fishing experience. I am going to a meeting for one club on March 13, 2006. I will have to get pointers on lures etc... my smallest lure is 6 inches on 100 LB test. I own 3 ABU's C3 6500's I hope these prove just as good with lighter line and rods.