Anyone going to Walleye World 2006

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kenny
Participant
Participant

Anyone going to Walleye World 2006

Post by Kenny »

Are any of you going ? I have never been there myself. Any suggestions for lures and or possible rigs would be appreciated.
bts
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bts »

Where is it and what is it?
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Fish this every year - Quinte Opener…

Depending on the spring weather pattern and the temperature of the water I have two approaches to Quinte on opening weekend.

1.Cool-Late Spawn: Water temperature below 50 degrees Fahrenheit - I head for the rivers (Trenton, Belleville and Napanee) and spawning shoals within the Bay of Quinte looking for hold over Female Walleye that have the feed bag on before the trip out towards Lake Ontario. You will also get onto some good numbers of small male walleyes.

2. Warm- Early Spawn: Water temperature above 50 degrees Fahrenheit - Search deep waters near Picton for suspended walleye feeding on schools of bait fish. Usually the big female walleye are feeding on their pilgrimage to Lake Ontario for the summer months.

In the spring if the water is above 50 degrees I troll very subtle stick bait cranks, Rapala Original and Bagley BangO’s behind in-line planer boards. If the water is below 50 I usually slow things down and run bottom bouncers, worm harnesses and small cranks. For both I try to cover as much water as possible. When fishing the river mouths you are forced to jig in most situations because of the boat traffic.

Hopefully this will give you a basic game plan for Walleye World.

Fish On...

-Sheldon Hatch
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Kenny
Participant
Participant

Thanks

Post by Kenny »

Thanks for the tips