Big Money Ice Fishing Derby

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Is North Bay too far to travel for competitive fishing?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 18

Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Big Money Ice Fishing Derby

Post by Seaweed »

Found this info on another site..... wow winning this one might get me started on the tourney trail. :lol:

I just might do this one.

For more info, visit www.mctv.ca.

KIWANIS CLUB OF NORTH BAY & MCTV
1ST ANNUAL ICE-FISHING DERBY
Saturday February 21, 2004
Lake Nipissing North Bay Waterfront
1st. Prize up to $50,000.CASH
Plus many more prizes!
$100 per hole
DERBY RULES
1. By entering the Derby, all participants declare an understanding of all Tournament rules and agree to abide by them.
2. Any new official rule conditions or deletions will be posted at the Derby site on February 21, 2004
3. Payment can be made by cheque, money order, or Visa until February 14, 2004 and ONLY cash will be accepted from February 14th to February 21, 2004.
4. Registration by cash ONLY, will be accepted on site February 21, 2004 until 11:00 am. Absolutely no tickets will be sold after that time.
5. Any participants breaking any of the Derby rules and/or any applicable Ontario laws will be disqualified and prosecuted under the Criminal Code of Canada for using fraudulent means to acquire prizes.
6. All participants will abide by the Ontario Fishing Regulations, except only one line per angler. A valid fishing license is required and you will be asked to provide proof.
7. All holes will be pre drilled. Contestants will not be allowed to drill their own holes.
8. Fishing will begin at 12:00 noon. and end at 3:00 p.m. Participants may enter the Fish Derby area starting at 11:00 a.m. No one is allowed to put a line in the water under any circumstances before the horn sounds to commence the derby at 12:00 noon.
9. Contestants must look after their own hole only, if you must leave your hole for any reason you must take your line out of the water.
10. All derby participants must be wearing Derby wristbands that will be given at the time of registration and must keep identification on for the entire derby. Only people with identification will be allowed into the fish derby designated area.
11. The Fish Derby area will be fenced off with snow fencing and rope and all participants must enter through a security gate where wristbands and containers will be checked.
12. NO electronic fishing devices may be used on site.
13. Every attempt must be made to live release all fish once measured by a Derby Official.
14. Once a fish is caught you must raise your hand and a Derby Official will come and measure the length of the fish and the time it was caught. The longest fish wins the grand prize which will be 50% of registrations to a maximum $50,000 (cheque).
15. In case of a tie, time of catch will be the deciding factor. Earliest fish caught will win the Grand Prize.
16. Registration form is valid ONLY after payment is received.
17. All species will be eligible to win. Suckers, smelts and perch may NOT be used as bait.
18. The following will not be allowed - chumming, fishing huts, coolers (open containers only), portable fish houses, tarps, or shelters and NO snowmobiles within the derby area. Parking will be provided outside the derby area.
19. Any closed containers including packsacks will be inspected upon entering the Derby gates.
20. The Grand Prize will be awarded on site at 4 p.m. All other prizes will be awarded during the Derby.
21. You are responsible for your safety and actions, at all times before, during and after the tournament.
22. Garbage barrels will be placed around the fishing area. Please use them. This is your resource please take care of it, NO littering.
23. Each entrant, upon registration to compete in the Derby, agrees that he will not hold the Sponsors or Hosts liable for any kind of accident that might occur during this tournament. Photographs and film footage taken during the derby and after the derby by MCTV and the Kiwanis become the property of the Kiwanis Club of North Bay and MCTV and may be used for promotional purposes.
24. If conditions occur which are found to be dangerous to Derby participants, the Kiwanis Club of North Bay have the right to deem the derby complete and the prizes will be given out by random draw.
25. All participants must do their utmost to exhibit good sportsmanship conduct at all times during the Derby.
26. All fish caught must be released immediately once Derby Officials have measured it. Live wells are NOT permitted.
27. All random prizes are final and no cash substitutions or prize exchange will be allowed.
28. NO alcoholic beverages allowed in derby area.
29. All rules are subject to interpretation by the Kiwanis Club of North Bay.
30. TO CANCEL: Contact Canadian Tire before February 14, 2004 and your entry fee less $20.00 will be retuned. After 12:00 noon on February 14, 2004 there will be no refund for cancellations. Registrations cannot be transferred.
Please make yourself familiar with the rules. Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification.
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

Going up that very same weekend to Callandar Bay...annual trip with guys from work.

$100 per hole is steep...(especially having been skunked the last 2 years, may have been all the drinking? :? ) Will stick to drinking.

Is Ottawa to far to travell for a one day tourney...Heck NO!!!8)

When do we start the count down for the tourney the same as last years Pinecrest trip....7 days and counting...at this time next week, I should be packed and on my way....Whoohoo!

Post by Guest »

100 a hole! damn... can you drill a 20" hole and fish with 4 lines????
50,000.00 would be great right about now...
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

A 4 hour drive... a 100$ a whole... not for me but if I could afford it and didn't mind waking up at 2:00 am maybe but no...

Mind you I'm going up the weekend of Feb 6-7-8... A little boys trip up there to sleep on the ice. We found some ice bunglalows and hope to catch a bunch of fish but from Steve's post I'm getting a littel bit worried.

Maybe we should have taken our chances with BOQ... But no operators could guarantee there would be ice. Had to cancel last year due to ice conditions so wasn't about to take that chance again this year.

I am going to have to control the drinking if I don't want to get skunked.

Carl