Navionics Hot Maps

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Navionics Hot Maps

Post by Rider23 »

Can any one tell me if Navionics has the Ottawa river on it. I was told it do but the navionics website don't list it :?:

TIA :!:
glenn
Participant
Participant

Chips

Post by glenn »

Rider the East Great Lakes chip has the Trent-Severn system(Rideau Canal lock system) which includes the Ottawa,Rideau and St. Lawerence Rivers. All the Lakes joined by the canal system. It's worth every red cent you pay for it. Ed has them or can get it easy for you. Glenn
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

Thanks Glenn, i just wanted to be sure. there website has poor listings
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Rider: I have 2 maps available at the store. The 901GXL3 has all the navigible waters (ie. buoyed) of Eastern Ontario, which includes the Ottawa up to about Mattawa. The other chip is a hotmap, and has a lot of inland waterways such as Mississippi and Charleston as well as a slew of Quebec lakes. The second chip's coverage of the navigible waterways leaves some to be desired though. If you are only going to buy one, get the 901. I have a Humminbird set up at the store (until fishing season anyway) that you can play with both chips with.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Rider
you won't be dissappointed with the nav chip , it is awesome :D

I can't imagine not having one :wink:
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Rider it depends what section you want. The lake Ontario east map only has half of the Ottawa and half of the St-Lawrence. I purchased the Rifeau river map and got the entire Ottawa river between Ottawa an Montreal as well as the St-Lawrence map to get the entire river from Kinston to Montreal. I also now have the lake Ontario map as well wich even has a part of georgian Bay on it as well as everything in between.

You have to make sure the map you buy covers the areas you are interested in.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Fester
Participant
Participant

Hot Maps

Post by Fester »

I have just purchased a Lowrance H2Oc c/w eastern great lakes chip and so far I love it. There seems to be so much to learn how to use it porperly. If anyone wants to run a course on who to use it to it's fullist - count me in.
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

You will find the "Doc" Bruce Samson DVD's on GPS & Sonar available at

http://groups.msn.com/McQonFishing

They are the best source for getting the most out of your units. There is also an excellent VHS on boat contol.

I do have a few for local delivery.

Doc's material is a part of my cirriculum at the walleye schools this summer.

McQ
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Hot Maps

Post by eye-tracker »

Fester wrote:I have just purchased a Lowrance H2Oc c/w eastern great lakes chip and so far I love it. There seems to be so much to learn how to use it porperly. If anyone wants to run a course on who to use it to it's fullist - count me in.
Hello Fester,

Myself and other Lowrance/Eagle pro-staff will be organizing some seminars on the use of GPS and sonar units this year.

Any ideas or suggestions that you would like to see covered at the seminars...?

Also if you have any questions about you unit feel free in sending me a PM.

Enjoy your new GPS unit.

-Sheldon Hatch
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye