Loughborough Lakers

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
johnjyb
Participant
Participant

Loughborough Lakers

Post by johnjyb »

Hi Folks,longtime lurker,first time poster. Just thought I would post our fish report for this morning.
We made it to the west end launch at dawn,and were only the second boat to put in. We ended up being the 4th to go out on the water from this launch though,due to the fact my partner had forgot to load the life jackets in the boat the night before and had a 20 minute race back home to pick them up. DOH!! For some reason,this is the second time in 3 years this has happened,and both times were for trout opener,go figure.
Anyhoo,once we started out we put out 2 Williams,(a ruby eye red/silver as well as a hammered gold/silver)over 100 ft with the ball at 70' and the stacker 10' above it. I had the first fish on with the ruby eye within 5 minutes,and landed a nice 4.6lb trout,a very nice one for me as I doubt I have caught more then 5 that size on the back lakes.
we stuck with this depth and ended up boating a few smaller ones which we had brought up slowly so they could be released to grow bigger.
We ended up with our limit by 9am, with my partner boating the last and biggest trout,a 5.2lb beauty on a blue/silver Williams,which he had changed to after he had lost his other lure in a strange way. We both had taps about the same time on our rods in 105' of water,and the ball was at 70' still. When we released, he was hung up on something solid,and no,it wasn't a sleeping trout as we did give it a few minutes to wake up and move. All we can think is it was an anchor rope that got cut or a tree standing straight up on bottom.
The 2 larger trout were both fairly dark skinned, but the 2 2.5lb fish were much lighter,with an almost rainbow pinkish hue to them. We weren't sure if the were lakers or bows,as both were stocked in the past. All 4 fish were stockers though,or else they got in some pretty vicious spawning scraps and lost a fin lol.
Lots of boats out,and saw lots of fish being landed.People seemed evenly split between jigging and trolling,both steel and downriggers seen trolling,and quite a few christmas trees and dodgers/flashers with fish hooked behind them. The rain never let up,but it was really eqasy to put up with it due to the steady fishing.
Hopefully, will be posting a Quinte or Depot Lake Walleye thread next weekend.
Thanks for the read, johnjyb
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

hi johnjb!

welcome to the board :D

thxs for posting glad you guys had fun except the life jacket thing :shock:

zort
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Hey Johnyjyb,
great report and welcome! Glad you had some success on the weekend, I never made it out due to prior commitments but would have rather been out fishing thats for sure. I see you fish the depots, have you been into third at all this year? I have been out to 2nd a few times with fairly good success, nothing big but good numbers.
orrsey
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Welcome former lurker.

Glad to see someone had better luck than I had last week-end. I'm also glad to see reports from down south (if ya wanna call Loughborough Lake south that is - this would put Wolfe's home somewhere around the equator) - thanks for that - pls keep them coming.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
johnjyb
Participant
Participant

Post by johnjyb »

Hi Folks
Thanks for the welcome, I've been watching this board for over a year now and everyone seems to be down to earth and quite friendly. I will try to do more posts when I can,hopefully successful ones.
As for the Depots Orrsey,I haven't fished them in at least 5 years(that was ice fishing),my fishing bud just decided we have to try it out. If you have any general tips, don't be afraid to LMK.
I will post our trip no matter where we end up.
Thanks, johnjyb
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

John,
I have only hit 2nd a few times havnt made it down to third yet. Out at 2nd I have been getting them with jigs on the weed lines in about 9-10 of water. One particular day I got three in 5 fet of water and this was at 2pm on a hot sunny day. I may go try tomarrow if I do I will let you know how that goes.
orrsey