Nicknames / About You

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI WOLF

GREAT TREAD...... :P

FOR me joco........i dont at all why i picked joco........ :roll: ......it should have been ((puzzle boy)).....because to read my post is like a puzzle,,, :lol:

I am power station (dams) electrican....the bad part off my job.......i can go and do go anaught fishing almost every luntch time at work.... :roll:

AND i just love to come here and read all the fishing storys,,its just plain fun and interresthing.....

take care you all,,and which a great fishing season..........to you all... :P

joco,
bait girl
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

My handle

Post by bait girl »

:D Hello everyone. My name is Bait Girl because I dish out bait all day. I worked for Re/max for 3yrs then I became a stay at home mom of 5 children. I very quickly became the owner of Manotick Bait/Fishing & Hunting and I have to say I love it!!!!

Lisa :wink:

My best best friend and partner is Fishindan he got his name because he is always fishing every chance he gets and he is the store field tester.

Dan :wink:
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

I guess my nickname is self explanatory (sp) it's what I have been all about and fishied for since '94. I even used it as part of my guiding business I started in '00.

I guide for muskies fulltime from June to December and I paint in the winter part time for my own business. That is between shows and seminars. :twisted:
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Suddsy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Suddsy »

Hi everyone: My last name is Sudds so the Suddsy nickname is pretty self-explanatory. I also enjoy a cold one so it is a very appropriate name. I retired from the government in 2004 after 30years in law enforcement and joined Fish-Hawk the same month that I retired. Thought I was going to have alot of time to fish when I retired but got lured back into contract work for the government so am still working. I have been an avid fisherman my entire live and I now live beside the Rideau River at Kemptville so get out whenever I can. This site is the best fishing resource I have encountered in 40 years of fishing.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

I used the name Slushpuppies for an online fantasy hockey team a few years ago. I just thought it was appropriate if they were playing on soft ice. I just picked the same name when I joined Fish-Hawk. I didn't expect to spend so much time here so I didn't put too much thought into making up a new name. This site became addictive, even after a certain PETA-like "discussion" that a few members will remember. Now I even get people calling out "Slushie" in grocery stores and know they're calling me.

I'm an independant IT consultant, specializing in data modeling. That's one of the "Bits" in Bowzog's and my business called Bits and Baits. The other "bits" is where I sell the Breyer brand of model horses in the store. And the Baits part is, of course, the bait and tackle that occupies most of the walls in the store and half of my basement.
HitmanHill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HitmanHill »

Good day Fellow and lady Fish- Hawkers. I think this thread is very interesting and everyone I am sure has a story to tell and all of them seem to have a very interesting spin.What's in a name? Well as you have read some of the names are just spinoffs of your name and others are a combination of professions and specific fish that people enjoy catching and all of them being cagey catches. I haven't been on this site too long but I have met some great people and have enjoyed fishing with some and going to the Lone Star supper back in Feb. My last name is Hill and during one of my fishing excursions I just happen to have a good run of catching fish when someone I was fishing with mentioned that it was just another hit for the HitmanHill and I kind of like the sound of that, so that is how that name came to be. I hope none of you thought of hiring me for your next "hit" that you might have been thinking of, I am really not that kind of guy
I have worked in agriculture pretty well the whole time of my 48 years of life and look forward to the day when I can put this career behind me and do a whole lot more fishing then what I am doing now. I do try and squeeze in as much as I can but work and other commitments get in the way. I guess you have do what you have do to survive and to keep the wolves off the door. Looking forward to reading more post and hope to meet a whole lot more Fish-Hawkers. This is a great site and a great bunch of people that I have met so far.
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jebby »

i got coined jebby from my family when i was young and my wonderful gf heard about it and kept it going.... it stuck.... now every1 im close to calls me jebby so it seemed liek the thing to do....
Bottoms Up
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bottoms Up »

I chose the name Bottoms Up because I really enjoy having a few cold pops...... I work in Sales at a Marriott Hotel here in Ottawa since I moved from St.John's, Newfoundland
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Well if you saw me an hour ago when my boat wouldn't fire up it would be self explainatory.

Actually came from a shop foreman years ago, I'm naturally a little grumpy, one year I had to take off to pick up my daughter 'cause they closed the school because there was a bear in the play ground, we lived in the brittania area, so from that day on I was the brittania Bear .... long gone from that area , but the end tag still applies :wink:
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

The nick Keyz is from high school. My last name is Kehoe so I got ribbed alot from my friend with names like keyhole and hoe. Then one day they just started call me Keyz. The 45 is my football #.

Places I have fished include most of Ontario. ( North Bay, B of Q, most lakes on the hwy # 7 & # 38 strech, Depot lakes near Verona) NFLd - I was an Service brat growing up.Did some fishing in Florida as well.
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

I got my name from a good friend of mine who died last year. I am known to do things in the wrong order. Being of french descent, He called me frog. When He found out about this backward thing he changed my nickname to Gorf. hence Gorfman. I am retired and have a park model trailer on Bob's lake at the sunset country Rv and campground. I spend most of my days there, from now to the end of october. I enjoy fishing, hunting, just chillin out "chewin the fat" as my parents used to say. I volunteer at Cheo as a playroom monitor twice a week and really love that job. I met a few hawk talkers but still have many more to get to know.

I brew my own beer and wine and love to cook. I'm a grandfather of two boys and two girls all of whom live in England.
Life goes on
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Great Idea wolfe.

I originally found Fish-Hawk while doing a search for some local fishing info. I started off lurking awhile then joined after reading all the great threads and seeing the comminity that had developed. I started off on Fish-hawk using my on name Andre but recently I got bored with that and changed it to Dartee. Which happens to be one of my go to laker baits.
As a kid I used to get called Darter since I would tend to dart from one thing to the next.

I live in the Brockville area, am 40yrs old with a wife, 2 kids and 1 golden retriever. I currently am employed as a Process Engineer for an Electronics Manufacture in Ogdensburg NY.
Of course like everyone else here, I love to fish but don't get out anywhere near enough.
muskiesRus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by muskiesRus »

ToysRus-MuskiesRus.
No way to put the "R" backwards.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Great to have so many responses :D ; I'm enjoying everyone's replies & stories. Keep 'em coming.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I was fishing with my good friend Pete Maccormack on Big Rideau one day and I was just smokin him on tubes. After about the 20th fish on tubes (to Petes 3) he said you are the tube master, the tube king, the the the... (insert Arnie accent here) TOOBINATOR. It stuck.

If you've ever fished with me, you know that if the bite gets tough, I'll have my tube rod in my hand.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken