Shirley's Bay & Crystal Beach?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DUQ
Participant
Participant

Shirley's Bay & Crystal Beach?

Post by DUQ »

New guy with a question. Im working some overtime this coming Friday and was thinking of hitting a couple of places close to work. I work at the Nortel campus at Carling and Moodie, so I was going to drop a line at either Shirley's Bay boat launch or the Crystal Beach one. Never fished them before. Can anyone give me some info on these two spots? Should I even bother? Suggestions?
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

What are you planning to fish for??? :)
DUQ
Participant
Participant

Post by DUQ »

Doh! Im not even sure what to fish for over there. Probably bring two rods, one for bait and one for lures. Any cats/carp there?
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Cats yes, carp not sure.But there are some good pike areas and the walleye boats gather at night.Bass and Muskie aren't open so your best bet for day fishing would be pike and walleye at night. Cats can be caught anytime and can be lots of fun as yoou can see in Jocos and Pints Victoria island reports.Pm me if you want a starting point :) :wink:
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

If you are fishing from shore, you might find it too shallow in those locations.
I'd suggest heading down Carling a bit to Dick Bell park and fish the creek mouth between the marina and Andy Hayden park.
DUQ
Participant
Participant

Post by DUQ »

Thanks Marc, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Dick Bell is just down the road from work. I'll hit it up Friday.
kanata
Participant
Participant

Post by kanata »

Go to Britania Park. Go fishing at the end of stone dam. You can catch all kinds of fish including Murkie.