A great weekend

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
eric
Participant
Participant

A great weekend

Post by eric »

Hey guys,
Just wanted to show you guys some pics from last weekend took another trip up to triple R. First night we got there there was a heavy thunderstormso no fishing for us, so we decided to get into the beer, and it turns out my buddy matt ended up going out fishing alone. Seems everyone was a little too "tired" if thats what you want to call it but he got a nice 3 pound speck and 3 other nice 18 inchers but by the tim i got up they were already cleaned so no pics, anyway that night we decided to head to sheerway lake where theres pike and walleye as soon as we got out there they were biting like crazy, i hit into a nice 9 pound pike right off the bat

But of course just like in may with her 4 pound speck my buddys girlfriend ashley had to show me up with this beauty 15 pounder

We realized with pike like that there there wasn't too many eyes in the area so we moved on, hit into a couple of eyes but nothing special 1-2 pounders then the fishing kindas slowed down so we packed it in and headed back to the lodge to fish some specks out front on green lake where my wonderful girlfriend got this nice one

The next morning i got 2 more nice ones

and then the final evening was another storm but cleared up for about a half an hour and i rushed out onto the lake and hit into a few smaller speck the larger of the 2 was only 15 inches but still a nice speck at that.
So all in all as always another great trip to triple R.
Last edited by eric on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Here you go Eric

Hey guys,
Just wanted to show you guys some pics from last weekend took another trip up to triple R. First night we got there there was a heavy thunderstormso no fishing for us, so we decided to get into the beer, and it turns out my buddy matt ended up going out fishing alone. Seems everyone was a little too "tired" if thats what you want to call it but he got a nice 3 pound speck and 3 other nice 18 inchers but by the tim i got up they were already cleaned so no pics, anyway that night we decided to head to sheerway lake where theres pike and walleye as soon as we got out there they were biting like crazy, i hit into a nice 9 pound pike right off the bat

But of course just like in may with her 4 pound speck my buddys girlfriend ashley had to show me up with this beauty 15 pounder

We realized with pike like that there there wasn't too many eyes in the area so we moved on, hit into a couple of eyes but nothing special 1-2 pounders then the fishing kindas slowed down so we packed it in and headed back to the lodge to fish some specks out front on green lake where my wonderful girlfriend got this nice one

The next morning i got 2 more nice ones

and then the final evening was another storm but cleared up for about a half an hour and i rushed out onto the lake and hit into a few smaller speck the larger of the 2 was only 15 inches but still a nice speck at that.

So all in all as always another great trip to triple R.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Great read and pictures Eric, looked like a good time :)
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Always nice when the bite is on! Wtg, guys.
pike_pipes
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pike_pipes »

no doubt there, those are beauty's
good work guys, and gals 8)
keep em coming
Scotty Chaos
Participant
Participant

Post by Scotty Chaos »

Right on man! Looks like you had a good time.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Awesome report!! I'm lovin' the 15lb pike! :shock: :) What a lunker!!
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
HitmanHill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HitmanHill »

Another great fishing trip report! It must have been fun catching those pike way to go guys and gals!! :lol:
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Girls rule :!: :!: :!: 8)
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Man those are nice pike Im still looking for those. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe Im spending to much time on this computer instead of on the water. :lol:
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jebby »

ya i wouldent mind some big pike...... congrats

jebby
Brandon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Brandon »

Nice fish Gal!! You gotta stop giving Laura all your good lures or you're never gunna catch the BIG ones! Adda go buddy, lotsa nice fish!

Brandon
eric
Participant
Participant

Post by eric »

Forgot to mention to ya yesterday brandon, I cought that pike with my ultra light rod and 4 pound test.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

eric wrote:Forgot to mention to ya yesterday brandon, I cought that pike with my ultra light rod and 4 pound test.
Try that through an ice hole :D