Walleye at Big Rideau ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Walleye at Big Rideau ?

Post by krisbass »

Hi there, I'm new to the forums by the way! I was wondering if anyone knew any good spots to fish for walleye on the big rideau, or if anyone has any tips or techniques to share for catching walleye on the big rideau. We are going out tomorrow morning, and would like to try and catch our first walleye there. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

- Kris
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

My best luck for walleye on the Big Rideau have been targeting the suspended walleye in July and August. With the clear water most of the shallow feeding happens at night. Your best bet will be focusing in on the fish suspending in the top 20ft of the water column. In-line planers will also help with the spooky fish as they will move away from the boat.

It is a very tough lake to fish as the numbers are not huge, but the fish are if you can get them to fire out in the deep waters.

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Post by krisbass »

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately we didn't pull in any walleye today. We did however get a couple of big Pike and one nice bass. We got spit out a lot (not really me, but my buddies) by a lot of other big bass. It was a fun day, the conditions were great. Next time we'll have to focus more on walleye fishing.