Fishing East Lake ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Fishing East Lake ?

Post by krisbass »

Hello!

We are going to be camping this weekend right outside Sand Banks which is a provincial park located on Lake Ontario. We are hoping to take both our boats out to do some fishing in East Lake (which is connected to Outlet River, which flows into Lake Ontario). It looks like a great lake for fishing, and I was wondering if anyone has visited this lake before, and what species of fish I would find there. There is a campground located right on Outlet River, and we would be launching in the Outlet River and driving through the river into East Lake. If anyone knows any good spots, please let me know. I am looking forward to going there to fish, and will inform you as to how successful we were.
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

East lake holds some nice bass both LM/SM, pike and pickerel. It is a very nice lake with some shallow spots. At times during the year you can get the occasional rainbow trout.

Good luck and have fun.
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

East

Post by Graembo »

I'll be on West Lake all weekend but theres usually a weedbed taking up a good chunk of the north end of East Lake. check it out.
gellers
Participant
Participant

Post by gellers »

We have found East Lake to be good for pike in the early morning. East lake holds some nice bass, and we have found them on the windward side of humps protruding from the bottom.

The outlet river is also a good place for bass and bowfins
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Post by krisbass »

Thanks guys for the insight! I am very excited to head out there tomorrow! Will tell ya how I did !