Carpin' July 6th - This One's For You Joco!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Carpin' July 6th - This One's For You Joco!

Post by BBRich »

So Shmirwin and I planned to do some Erie trib carping today, and we tried it for a few hours in the morning. No carp caught, one seen, however I did have a bunch of channel cats, landed one small one.. played with them too long so I kept losing them. Oh well. Shmirwin also had some hits, he stuck with corn and I was using bread balls.

We really wanted some carp action, so we headed to Simcoe for carp in the Lynn River. The carp there are generally small, but always willing to bite!

It took about 5 minutes to get into the first fish, which was decent for that river.

We quickly realized that corn would not be the bait of choice here, not because it wasnt getting hits, but because all that was hitting it was chub minnows!

I brought out my top secret super awesome carp killer bait and it worked like a charm. ;D We got into em pretty good after that, the biggest maybe stretching to 10 pounds. Still unbelievable power, especially in those long, lean river fish. Gave the Ugly Stick a workout anyway. Lots of fun.

Here's a couple of the day's catch:

Thanks for goin fishin Shmirwin it was a great day. I was just starting to suffer from fishing withdrawal until today ;D
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Not the biggest carp I have seen but still a fun catch at any time :P Good to hear you guys moved and found fish....Funny to hear minnows were the days bait of choice for the buggers..
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Right on Rich. Givver!
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

BBR,

Another great report. I always look forward to them.

Keep them coming.