National Take the Boss Fishing Week!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

National Take the Boss Fishing Week!

Post by Fishhawk »

Oh you guys. I have such a lot to say about these pics but I am still not able to sit for long periods of time. I'm on the mend but re-sizing these pictures and re-doing a bcakground for one so as not to give the spot away has taken the good out of me. I have to go an stand some more.

Thanks goodness I can stand! Standing also happens to be good therapy for my pain. So I asked the boss and his 15 year old son Olivier to join me on Mississippi Lake on Thursday for some therapy.

This is how the day started - I got away at sunrise. My guests would be joining me a little later in the morning. It was overcast and cool, but calm. I went exploring for spots.

Bobber and I have started using bass jigs a little more lately. Especially Bobber. Wednesday night Bobber and a buddy of ours went to the Rideau River where I tossed a jig for the first time this year and got half a dozen largies, none greater than two pounds, but confidence in the jig was building... and it was fun.

On Thursday morning I found myself empty-handed after 40 minutes. I was exploring and only finding a lot of spots to avoid in the future. So then I think to myself - maybe if I just keep moving in that direction I will come across the spot that transitions to good conditions for bass. And they will all be there refueling, like if they had swam across the baja desert.

And I was right!

I got a couple of bass pushing 4 pounds on a jig and craw that needed a picture. Two others were 2.5 and 3. I'm beginning to like using jigs - they catch big fish.

I used the jig to catch a number of two pound fish throughout the day and as many more on a 7 1/4 plastic senko type bait. I saw a spot where I felt the 6 inch senko would get me a smallie and it did indeed produce this 3 lb-er.

But the mission was to get the Boss's kid a fish during this most reverant of fishing weeks - National Fishing Week! He got a number of the typical two pound bass - that was a relief. But the icing on the cake came in the early afternoon. Olivier's bass was dragging the scale on the Magnus net to 4.5. And by-the-way, Olivier's bass was taken on a 6 inch senko-type bait.

And we managed to even get the boss in on a fish or two. Gotta keep the boss smiling!

Special day for sure. Gotta get me some more jigs and find more bass re-fueling stations.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Nice fish
Looks like you had a good day....I wish my Boss liked fishing then I could convince him to go fishing for the weekly staff meeting :lol: :lol:

Hope the pain eases up soon...more fishing (I mean therapy) may be needed.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Dartee wrote:Nice fish
Looks like you had a good day....I wish my Boss liked fishing then I could convince him to go fishing for the weekly staff meeting :lol: :lol:
Oh - my boss doesn't particularly like fishing - but his son has caught the bug and arrived lugging a fair-sized tackle box blocked with lures - mostly cranks. Olivier gets his Dad to take him to Petrie Island for some shore fishing and the occasional boat rental.

I suspect there will be heat put on the Boss for more trips to Mississippi Lake!
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

Great report Hawk.

If only all bosses or their kids like to fish. It would make most of our lives easier.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

My boss likes to fish, thats why I'm marrying her next month. Clown Worship can vouch for the fact she is the perfect woman for me. Maybe he will post why if he reads this.
bait girl
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

take the boss fishing

Post by bait girl »

:D Does that mean Iwill finally get to go fishing?

Bait Girl :wink:
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Nice of you to take the lad out Mike, hope you had a great time fishing with him and your boss. :lol: Do I forsee a fat raise in the future?
Grimace
Participant
Participant

Post by Grimace »

I would take my boss fishing... and use him for an anchor :lol: :lol:
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Grimace wrote:I would take my boss fishing... and use him for an anchor :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D
Me tooooooooooo but when we do get the chance to fish together it's on the weekend :? kinda makes for a short weekend :roll:

Good report Mike, I think you have another HawkTalker HooKed :wink:
HogHunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HogHunter »

Grimace, I'm your boss, you're fired! Haha. Great fish FH!
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Hey boss, it's the best way to get the big one's, I'm tellin ya it's gonna work, just make sure the anchor is secure to ur ankles, LOL!