Catching walleye on Mississippi lake ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Catching walleye on Mississippi lake ?

Post by krisbass »

ya.. where are the spots ? and what are some tips ? thx.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Well that certainly is an interesting post, cant say as though I can help sorry but there are others that can but dont know if they will. Your request is kinda differently writen than most. Maybe try rephrasing it.
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

ya

Post by Bruin »

YA best place for fish is in the lake....

Tips

Don't eat yellow snow
Chocolate bars do not grow in the wild
wear sunscreen/hat
Try using a little tact when speaking/posting to other people

Hope this helps....

and unfortunately I have not fished the lake, but I am willing to try it out for myself and when I am stumped refer to the plethera of knowledge on this site
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Very shallow lake with little structure and lots of weeds. Water temp is presently 78 F, so working weed-lines with jigs tipped weedless with a grub would be a good bet. Also you can try trolling cranks or spinners along weed-lines looking for active fish. Fish also suspend a couple of feet down from the surface out from the weed-lines on flats feeding on bait fish that have moved out from the weeds.

Tough walleye lake as it has no spot on the spot locations that always hold walleye, they are always on the move and everyday is a different experience.

Best of luck and tight lines.

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Post by krisbass »

thanks. caught some really nice bass today. a 3 pounder and a 2.5 pounder and got spat out by another. it didn't look like a great lake for fishing walleye and it was very busy, geez. but i got my fish and they were worth it. im gunna go to white lake next weekend probably as i am always successful there.