TORNADO ALERT..........eastern ontario/lanark/

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

TORNADO ALERT..........eastern ontario/lanark/

Post by joco »

HI all

just came in.............................(( 8.35pm))
please be carefull........

just got a BIG tornado alert for east ontario........renfrey,,,lanark etc county,,,,,,,,

go in basement if ever to mutch wind....

we dont want bad news.........

joco :shock: :?
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=ont

You can actually see when the storms are coming here. Click on the little black dot for a close-up of your region.

Down here we are still blistering hot. :?
...anything to bend the rod
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/warni ... .html?on13

the rain is starting pretty hard now......... :shock:

hope there will no damaga by wind anywhere,,,,,,,,,,

lets hope safety for all........ :? ..

a lot off people just got caught in the lac leamay fireworks..... :shock: :?

joco
eddie43
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by eddie43 »

you can say that again Joco, just got home from the fireworks, glad I wore sandels and left the cell phone in the car, cause I am soaked to the bone. Very good show despite the weather, but with some of the gusts of wind, I started to question my sanity.. but home safe now... Hope nobody got stuck on the water
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Hey Joco, this weather is peanuts compared to what I am used to. I lived in Kansas for ten years and have yet to see a storm even close to what I experienced the first year I lived there. My mom and I still talk about it. I was twelve and we just moved there and about 2 in the morning everything went crazy. We ran to the middle of the living room and huddled on the floor while outside things were flying by hitting the house and the noise was incredible. In the day time I went outside and couldnt believe my eyes , trees everywhere, dead birds. My friends down the street had a tree in their bedroom and all over was the sound of chainsaws. It was wild. This was the beggining of my fasination with storms. I am a storm freak, I love them and will go out to watch them. Even drive around to see them, they are truly amazing. Of course they are dangerous and I am cautious. And as the old saying goes. "Dont mess with mother nature" Hopefully no one was injured in any of tonights storms. But nothing gets me going more than a good thunder storm, except a huge fish. It seems storms occurr more than the huge fish. :cry:
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Who cares lol. Im on my way out the door right now to rockland for buckets :lol:
Northamfishing Tackle
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi jig head........

who care.... :? :shock:

.ask this to the people(was 450 000 in quebec only at some point) ho did not have electricity or the ones that lost there cars house or even some farms have been destroy last night in the laurentian and some still dont have it since last monday night in some region and wont get it latter now because off more storm last night.........

I do care.... :o

hi badger shark.....

I did saw some good t,v reportage on tornado alley in the u,s,a........there is a lot off them down there......... :shock:

i been caught in 2 and got on side off a small one....

one off them was the biggest in the region it was in buckingam,,,if i remember it right they had 3 dead people on that one...

maniwaki region is bad for small tornado,,been caught in 2 over there,,,lost a shed or two,, :roll: :? .......

but i di agree its not what people are use to in the south u,s,a...

hey............badger shark.you should call your boat storm chasser,,, :wink: ...

joco
Last edited by joco on Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

You know joco, you are one smart guy. I think storm chaser is more appropriate for me. Why didnt I think of that? :lol:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

We had a tornado touch down in the neighboring town of Marcellus (where the kids go to school) last Sunday afternoon. There is still plenty of damage throughout the town, but luckily no injuries. Scary stuff.

I was in the Super WalMart with a cart full of stuff, mostly groceries, yesterday when a huge thunderstorm ripped through. Power went out in the store, and after a 20-minute wait, all customers were ushered out and forced to leave behind their cartloads. VERY FRUSTRATING! I thought a "Gazillion" dollar company like WalMart might have generators for power outages. Guess not.:?

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

storms

Post by Jigs »

Hi Wolfe:

They only MAKE a gazillion dollars. They don't SPEND a gazillion dollars.

Got caught in the nasty boomer on Monday just past on the way home from Carp. From Franktown (the lilac capital of Kanukistan) to home, I coulda turned off the car lights so much lightning. I swear there were little waves going across the road. Saw one deer limping into the bush, and a pile of ex-deer in the middle of the road. No car in the ditch, so I guess the people survived.

Nothing to sneeze at, and I certainly wouldn't be going fishing in one. Maybe "Pics" has a graphite rod :lol: :lol: :lol: ........good luck.

Jigs

:idea: