those heavy rain those effect your fishing.......?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi all

I stop at gatineau river today to see some stuff....and ,,,,,, :shock: ,,i never saw that river so dirty,its was likedark coffee........usely we can see like almost 5 feet at least today mabe 3 inch...because off thos heavy storm last night in the hight part off the gatineau...

so my question,those it affect your fishing,,,,or your eway off fishing,,,????

some will play more,whit lure whit more sounds,,,,more color etc...

there a cople place like that,the gatineau river,,the nation river,,blanche river,,la lievre river,they all get realy durty after heavy rain........even the ottawa at some place.........

for my part.............more color.....or sound.is the way to go.

for you guys.........?

joco
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

water turbidity

Post by Jigs »

Hi Joco:

Went down to CTC and bought a bunch of those tiny flashlights to pass out to the fish so they can see my lure.

Works good so far. :lol:

Fishing in the cloudy water sure demands a different approach. Instead of brown or motor oil I tend to go with bright yellow.......and so on. On the other hand, they can't see ya as well as in clear water, so it probably evens out.

Now, I know someone is going to say......."They don't have to see you, they have that lateral line which picks up......yadda yadda yadda........" OK, true, so be quiet in the boat 8)

Was out last night just before the storm and got two bass. Heard the thunder and started paddling. Just made'r

Jigs
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Will probably have to slow the presentation, I might start with a noisy topwater in a dark color better contrast?? We'll see on Sat.

Dan

Can't wait to see what other people will say, Not much of a Bassman, I know that I would use dual blades on worm harnesses and crankbaits with rattles for walters.
Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Paya »

Yes, in positive way so far !
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Yesterday when the rain started slamming us I actually started catching some fish. So it must be good. lol
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Lower Ottawa river is a mess, water is up 1.5 foot at least and muddy as hell. I believe the visibility is less then a foot right now from 4 to 5 feet on Wednesday.

Could not buy a bite today :x nether could the other 3 boats fishing around me.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

my father, brother and I fished Lake Clear early July. Got on the water and no sooner got chased off the water from thunder and lightning which lasted several hours. After that storm blew through, nothing! for 24 hours nothing. A dink Sm, a dink walleye and a nice walleye lost at the boat.

I read a few reports of great bass fsihing on Lake Clear a few days prior and a few days after, but when we were there absolutely nothing.

I think they heavy thunder this summer causes the fish to bunker down for a few days.