A Plethora of Carp!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tonyb
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

A Plethora of Carp!

Post by Tonyb »

Was down to Long Sault again. Jeff at the Canadian Carp Club set me up with bait and gear . http://www.canadiancarpclub.on.ca/

It wasn't long before we started to pull in one after another. But the best part was when some local kids showed up on their bicycles with their $10.00 Canadian Tire special rods. They were throwing out their lines and realing them in like crazy. I asked what they were fishing for and they said carp..When I took a look at what they were using I told them that they wouldn't catch any with the hook and rig they were using. I showed them how to make a "hair-rig" and gave them some corn to use. Within 5 minutes they hooked into their first carp. A 12 lb. carp that made their day.

I was catching so many carp that day that one of the young lads, Mathew, asked if he could pull in my next carp on my rod. I said okay and here he is pulling in an 18 lbc. carp.

The kids hooked 4 carp that afternoon, landed one, got one up to the net before thier 8 lb. test line broke, had one of their fishing rods pulled into the water by a carp and had another break another line.

The second day of fishing was without the kids, but the carp were hitting so fast that I couldn't read more than one page of my book at a time without having another fish on. (and I am a fast reader). That second day my wife and I stopped counting how many fish we caught but it was somewhere between 25 and 30.

By the end of the second day we were totally exhausted. The carp were going crazy over corn. What we did this time was follow Jeffs advice and chummed the water with more corn that I had ever done before and it paid off in spades.

What a trip, Thanks Jeff for everything.

TonyB :lol:
The bigger, the better!
Tonyb
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tonyb »

The bigger, the better!
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D Great stuff..as a kid I was fishing the Grand River for carp looking for "moby dick" the giant one that was rumoured to have a lot of broken off hooks in his mouth. Kept me going back forever..
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Looks like a simply great time Tony! Nice of you to set the boys up, the smiles say it all.
Tonyb
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tonyb »

Hi Kpin,

My wife and I had more fun watching those boys catch the fish than they did catching them. To see how excited they were , trying to pull in these big carp was just a hoot! I'm sure we made a few carp converts that day.

Tony
The bigger, the better!
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Carp

Post by Jigs »

Good on ya Tony,

Nice of you to help the kids out like that. They probably won't forget that day.

:D
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

:D
A carpin' to the left!
and
a carpin' to the right!

I was pullin on the Carp with all of my might!

Now, don't you

Step on my new fish shoes!

I said..
Don't you give me the Blues, oh yeah!!

Ta daaaaa!