my third 5 pounder this season (pics)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tritonmagnum
Participant
Participant

my third 5 pounder this season (pics)

Post by tritonmagnum »

was out on Sturgeon lake with my dad last nigth trying to find the largies. He has been out friday and sat by himself and became very frusterating and thoguht the bite was off until we get into fall. I set out to prove him wrong. After i finally convinced him to go we get out and nail a few smallies on some tubes along a weed edge. Since we can always catch smallies we left to look for some buckets. I started off with a nice scrappy little 1.5 pounder in about 8 feet of water on a flipping jig. then decide to move into some nearby docks and throw a tiki stick rigged wacky under. What a choice i made. third cast i tossed it under one dock and immediately my line had moved about 6 feet to the side. I knew this was big seeing how normally threr jsut little farts twitching it. so i tighten my line to feel that hes there and bam i set the hooks. about three big runs and a couple surface runs i get him to the boat and dad gets the net under him. I couldnt beleive it, it was my third 5 pounder this season, the other two coming in a tourny. btu here she is. its hard to tell shes five pounds but i need to learn to play the angles haha :lol:
http://www.fish-hawk.net/index.php?page ... ic_id=5226
so the very next cast i jokingly throw my rig back under the same dock saying "im gunna catch him again":lol: when wam something nails it ..i real it in and its nto him but its another ncie largy at 2.5 pounds. so we move on and get some mroe little guys and i even let dad catch a couple. All went back to swim another day and nfor me to catch again in a tourny haha . A fantastic night on the water: good weather, good fish, good talks
how was everyone elses fishing this weekend?
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

esoxseeker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by esoxseeker »

thats a nice fish triton, and that was cool of ya to do that for him muskymatt. i thought all the guys here have been very nice, and that gesture put it over the top. :D
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Nice catch. One fine looking bass.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Great report TMag. I love tossing stuff under docks myself.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
tritonmagnum
Participant
Participant

Post by tritonmagnum »

thanks muskymatt for reposting the pic i appreciate it
and yeah throwing under docks always produces no matter what even if it is small sometimes...i love it