Camping at Crotch Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Camping at Crotch Lake

Post by krisbass »

Hello. We are going to be leaving early Friday to do some camping/fishing at Crotch Lake. We have been there plenty of times, for scouting and swimming. Everytime we go out there, we have always been skunked. This time we are going strictly for walleye using jigs in deep water. Lately I have been successful at catching bass using this technique. I was wondering what other techniques work at Crotch Lake. Is there Lake Trout at Crotch Lake? If so, we will consider down-rigging. If anyone knows any good spots and are willing to share, please do so. We know the lake quite well. Thanks!
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Apparently the jigging has slowed a little but try trolling especially at dusk in the deep water. Try to get you lures down about 15 feet or so. This works. We also had success trolling around Long Island during the day, we caught everything from walleye to smallmouth and pike. If you want there are quite a few posts with recent info about Crotch, its really not a bad lake to fish like everyone thinks, I am personally vouching for that. 8)
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Post by krisbass »

So I guess I'll need to get some crank bait/deep divers?
The Legend
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by The Legend »

in case you havent seen this yet,here is map of crotch linked from this site,also dont think it has trout
http://www.fish-hawk.net/Map_project/crotch.php

be sure to send report when you return home,I wanna head back up there in the fall
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Post by krisbass »

Thanks Legend. Yes I have printed out that map. I'm hoping to try the narrows, and northern areas of the lake. If the bite is slow, we may consider heading into Fawn Lake. Will tell you our results upon return.