West arm report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

West arm report

Post by muskymatt »

:oops: well we (Trophymuskie) and I headed up to LK.Nippissing for the MCI outing and :oops: didn't do to well :oops: .

Thurs am after headind out I hooked a small muskie and 10' from the boat :oops: lost it. :oops:

Almost 40 hrs later :oops: and only raising 1 fish :oops: we were pulling the boat out and heading home :oops:

We casted 100,000 times did 1000mls of trolling :oops: and nada :oops:

Everthing looked good and we tried hard but :oops:

I did enjoy the scenery and had a great time with my boat partner, but I have to say I came home with my tail between my legs :oops: :oops:

Great time Tm , we'll get em next time.

A for effort , F- for results :oops: :oops:

Must have been that banana someone slipped into our boat , when I find out who did it :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Some scenery shots

See the island in the last pic, results of that storm that went thru a month ago, devastation was everywhere.

Glad to be back in Ottawa , where I know how to catch em :oops: :oops:
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Too bad Matt... At least your in good spirits.. I'm ready to net one whenever your ready to get out...

Luke
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Geesh...was considering the West arm for Musky in a few weeks. :shock:
...anything to bend the rod
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

It was tough, fun but tough.

I don't know enough about the area we fished to say if we sucked or the fishing , but not many fish caught . I think it was 34 guys 5 or 6 fish caught and we did almot 40 hrs.
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

Just another day in the life of muskie fishermen :D

I bet a good time was had by all 8)

Can-Am this weekend :!:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Poor Skunky...I feel your pain. I am actually musky-less this summer!

My brother spent a good deal of time on Nippissing this summer, and he found the (musky) fishing to be poor as compared to years' past. And he usually can witch them up. Does that make you feel a little better? :wink:

Keep on pluggin' away. You'll be Muskymatt again soon, I'm sure.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

wolfe wrote: Keep on pluggin' away. You'll be Muskymatt again soon, I'm sure.

W.
I sure hope so :lol: It takes me 5 trys to login with this new handle :lol:

It won't last , I hope :wink:
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

tough time matt, we havnt had much to talk about here. I think we need those lessons soon so when do ya think we can get out
:lol:
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

SkunkyMAtt :lol: I can just picture those Beasts down there chompin on loads of pickerel, sayin"not this time suckas" at least you guys gaver an a for effort. Next time!!

Cheers,

Rich
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

Man thats Tough!!!! Did you guys have the kick butt cold front that moved through here??? It made the local fishing very tough too
you will get :( them next time Matt
Kert
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

MonsterRelease wrote:SkunkyMAtt :lol: I can just picture those Beasts down there chompin on loads of pickerel, sayin"not this time suckas" at least you guys gaver an a for effort. Next time!!

Cheers,

Rich
Yeah :lol: I pretty much figured they were laughing at us.

On the last day we pulled into a bay and I couldn't believe what I saw , muskies feeding on top water minnows , and right up to the side of the boat!!!!!! Almost jumping right out of the water, freekin awesome.

Never seen anything like it. :shock:
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

MuskieStalker1 wrote:Man thats Tough!!!! Did you guys have the kick butt cold front that moved through here??? It made the local fishing very tough too
you will get :( them next time Matt
Kert
Yes we did , wed night it went down to 3 deg. thurs fog so thick you could cut it with a knife,and then fri. it poured for like 4 hrs in the afternoon , massive lightning and thunder. And POLLEN :shock: :shock: all over the water , thick like soup in spots, I've never seen that in the fall before but apparantly it's common up there but not good for fishing
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

I am sure dribving with " Nascar" Collins was fun as well :lol: :lol:

were you holding the door?
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

Hey Matt (or is it Frank??)
Tough fishing for all of us. I guess Ross and I didn't miss anything by leaving Sunday morning. We were tempted for one last fish but wanted to get home early. Ref the muskies jumping around the boat. We saw the same thing Sat morning on a rock shoal in Warren Bay. At least a dozen small to mid 30 inch muskie were feeding all around us yet we couldn't get them interested in anything we threw. Tough fishing this weekend due to the front but the area sure has the potential. Way different from what we fish around here.
For those who hadn't heard, Matt had two brand new reels give up the ghost that weekend but was lucky enough to win a brand new Abu 6600 at the prize table. At least the muskie gods were kind in that regard.
Have you got the sphincter cramps out yet from trying to keep your butt in that overly comfortable boat seat (being fascicious (sp?) here) from rocketing through the narrows in the fog??(canoers beware!!!!)
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

OK............It seems there's always one.
Lets not start dragging this thread down the crapper