No lake trout - but one nice bass

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
80083r
Participant
Participant

No lake trout - but one nice bass

Post by 80083r »

Well, some of you may remember (probably not :) ) that I was headed up to Lucky Lake with my wife and parents in law (it was an anniversary gift - my wife loves to fish) to try for lake trout.

Well... we left the ladies to prepare the cabin and headed out on the lake:

And I caught a nice bass

My Father in law got skunked

The next day we set out early to try for lake trout, but never even got a bite. Although my father in law did hook an old rod that had been sitting on the bottom of the lake for about forever. (no pics of that, sorry).

The next couple of days were low pressure, cloudy rainy miserable days, but I did manage to catch another monster:
...Well, maybe not such a monster.

Anyway, the cabin we stayed in was quite nice - I'd recommend it to anyone:
At Lucky Lake Lodge (I hope it's okay to post that - it's not really an advert) just north of Plevna.

Here's the view from the cabin:

Next time that my wife and I go we'll have our own little cabin - it's called the honeymoon suite:

It's a really nice lake, though it's quite small - we trolled the whole thing from one end to the other in about a half hour - this is just about the whole thing - there's one medium sized bay to the right of this picture (just around the point from the cabin view pic), and that's about it.

All in all, a good trip, a great anniversary gift, a hell of an anniversary, and I got to miss a day of work AND a day of school!
Keyz45
Participant
Participant

Post by Keyz45 »

Nice Fish 80083r.

You will have to tell me more about the location Saturday at work.

Glad to hear that you and the wife had a good time.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Looks like a great time , nice fish..

Matt
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Nice bass, too bad no trout though.